The Samaritan Center is a social services agency that operates a thrift store. Our mission is to meet the basic physical, spiritual, and social needs of people in our area, using the ministry of Jesus as our model.
The Marketing Coordinator works in partnership with the Assistant to the Executive Director and the Community Relations Coordinator to design and implement strategies that capture the Samaritan Center story and share it through appropriate avenues. These strategies aim to:
· Increase community understanding of the ministry’s impact through the thrift store.
· Grow community interaction with ministry through the thrift store.
· Strengthen internal and external communications.
· Ambassador: able to inspire and connect others to the ministry of the Samaritan Center to give and to receive.
· Communications: skilled in communicating powerful and compelling stories of impact through both written and verbal communication.
· Proactive: proactively assess and spot new marketing opportunities.
· Relationship Building: skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with variety of individuals and audiences.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Plan, manage and maintain social media presence.
· Develop advertising campaigns for thrift stores.
· Develop website content.
· Design quarterly, annual, event and print publications.
· Design fliers, brochures, programs, and other marketing and communication materials to support all departments of ministry.
· Captures photos to aid in telling Samaritan Center story.
· Must embrace the mission of the Samaritan Center.
· Bachelors in marketing, communications, nonprofit management, or related field.
· Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and successfully complete them on time.
· Self-motivated, organized, attentive to details.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign and WordPress.
· Eager to be involved in an organization that makes an impact on its community.
· Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
Send questions and/or resume with design/writing samples to erinbarthle@theSamaritanCenter.net