Job Title: Future Ready Institutes Early Postsecondary Pathways Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director of Early Postsecondary Success
Purpose of Job
The Future Ready Institutes Early Postsecondary Pathways Coordinator will collaborate with Hamilton County High Schools as they implement viable early postsecondary opportunities for high school students to opportunities including the following: dual enrollment, dual credit, work-based learning, early youth apprenticeships, and industry certifications. The work from this position will result in an increase in students matriculating into college and higher wage, higher skill, more demanding careers.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Work is directed and in accordance with the Office of Postsecondary Success of Hamilton County Schools.
· Assist in curriculum development and engaging instruction in programs connected to Future Ready Institutes creating robust pathways towards college and career matriculation.
· Collaborate with Hamilton County Schools, Future Ready Institutes, and Higher Education agencies to build robust dual enrollment pathways and enhance rigorous coursework opportunities for students.
· Support principals and teachers and their work with students
· Support school-based coaches and their work with teachers and administrators
· Provide professional learning for Future Ready Institute teachers, instructional coaches, college & career advisors using best practices in the career academies model and early postsecondary opportunities.
· Attend and assist in the facilitation of all Future Ready Institute Coaches’ Meetings
· Assist district professional learning during June and July
· Work with Executive Director of Post-Secondary Success and fellow district coach in the development of communications (print and digital) to support all Future Ready Institutes explaining 4-year high school plans and early postsecondary opportunities.
· Assist in the development of the Teacher Externship Experiences for Future Ready Institutes
· Work to recruit Future Ready Institute students during the spring semester
· Meet with Future Ready Institutes general education teachers and instructional coaches to share assessment data and design plans for instructional improvement
· Analyze assessment results with teachers, instructional coaches, administrators, and district leaders
· Focus on student data to inform classroom instruction
· Ensure data is entered into the appropriate data management system
Other Duties and Responsibilities: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree in Instructional Leadership preferred
· Experience in the development of dual enrollment, dual credit and/or work-based learning opportunities
· 3+ years’ teaching experience in either a high school or higher education institution preferred
· Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills to deal effectively with students, educators, parents, and community members.
· Demonstrate excellent planning, organizational, problem solving, decision-making, and time management skills.
Interested candidates should submit a résumé and a letter that describes experiences that have prepared you for this position.
Materials should be sent to:
Public Education Foundation
100 East Tenth Street, Suite 500
Chattanooga, TN 37402 or, firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Education Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Board of Education will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.