Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: CEO/President
Status: Full-Time Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for assisting the zoo administration in daily operations. This position will be the face of the administration building, greeting all guests to the building, and assisting them as needed. This position will answer the zoo’s main phone line and answer questions, or transfer calls as necessary. This position will also assist the administrative staff in office duties such as filing, creating reports, stuffing envelopes and mailers, entering data into databases, etc.
ZOO TEAM Duties
· Establish and maintain positive, cooperative, and effective working relations with fellow employees.
· Constantly exhibit a guest centered attitude, a smile, and an obvious interest in guest comfort and service.
· Communicate with the public in a courteous and tactful manner and assist guests with questions and directions to various areas of the Zoo. Address the guest - do not wait to be asked.
· Remove trash and debris from public areas; i.e. pick up litter whenever you see it.
· Use computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing.
· Answer the zoo’s informational email address.
· Assist the development team with tours for donors and other VIPs.
· Assist with office duties such as filing, stuffing envelopes, directing volunteers, etc.
· Assist with weekly check deposits as needed.
· Draft letters/memos as requested by the administrative team.
· Maintain the CEO’s calendar and appointments.
· Conduct research as directed by the administrative team.
· Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
· Assist with event implementation and staffing as necessary.
· Coordinate and maintain all requests for donations to other organizations.
· Order meeting lunches as assigned.
· Run errands as assigned.
· Other duties as assigned.
· This position may require lifting and holding light objects (up to 20 lbs.)
· This position is requires sitting at a computer for the majority of the day.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other relevant field or equivalent experience required.
· 1 years’ experience as administrative assistant or in related job is preferred.
· Ability to use a computer effectively in the workplace is required.
· Excellent organizational and proofreading skills required. Eye for detail and accuracy is critical.
· Effective problem-solving abilities; sound, logical decision-making skills required.
· Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work weekends.
· Candidate must pass Drug Test and Background check to be hired.