Event Planner and Community Engagement Coordinator– Job Description
Position Title Event Planner and Community Engagement Coordinator
FLSA Classification: Exempt, Full-time
Reports to: Director of Development
Membership: Development Department
The Chattanooga Area Food Bank (CAFB) is seeking an organized, team-oriented individual with the special events management background to help carry forward its mission to lead a network of partners in eliminating hunger and promoting better nutrition in our region.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Event Planner and Community Engagement Coordinator will play a critical role in increasing CAFB’s reach and visibility within the organization’s 20-county service area. This position will contribute to the larger development department’s goals of cultivating current donors, acquiring new donors and achieving fundraising success through the planning and coordination of all events and food drives. This position will manage all aspects of event and food drive specific volunteer committees and coordination. Work also includes the general support of departmental initiatives. These efforts serve to expand the resources of CAFB through increasing community awareness and engagement and growing philanthropic support.
· Plan, implement and follow-up for all special events and large scale food drives including but not limited to Hullabowloo, Stamp Out Hunger, and Share Your Christmas
· Manage all aspects of special event planning including soliciting donations, securing sponsorships, negotiating rental fees, managing vendor relationships, and securing permits
· Develop and maintain all event databases including vendors, participants, etc.
· Manage all aspects of event volunteer committees including but not limited to: recruitment, supervision, training, delegation and follow up
· Manage the annual events calendar and coordinate marketing and media plans for all events and large food drives with the Director of Community Outreach
· Manage the Memorandum of Understanding(MOU) for Community Fundraisers and coordinate with the operations team to provide logistical support
· Serve as onsite contact for day-of-event responsibilities
· Work closely with CAFB President and Development Team to determine sponsorship and event fundraising strategies
· Organize and maintain event reports and ensure appropriate communication to CAFB staff regarding event responsibilities
· Provide all necessary follow up related to event sponsorships
· Organize post-event logistics and follow up, thank you notes and acknowledgements
· Create accurate and timely internal reports for CAFB staff and leadership regarding event successes, challenges, attendance and revenues
· Bachelor’s degree or two-year degree combined with 3-5 years of experience working with volunteers, office administration, and coordinating special events
· Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills
· Demonstrated project management skills working specifically with multifaceted projects and diverse constituents
· Professional demeanor, good judgment, and the ability to work independently, but collaboratively, in goal-oriented team environment
· Ability to work evenings or weekends year-round as required by special event schedule
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
· Proficiency in Adobe InDesign a plus
· Knowledge of donor software a plus
· Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects with attention to detail
· Must be able to pass drug screening and criminal background check
This is a full time exempt position with competitive salary and benefits, including: vacation, sick leave, health insurance & 401k.