Family Promise of Greater Chattanooga
Job Description – Development Director (Exempt Position) - The Development Director is responsible for developing and implementing the development strategy for Family Promise of Greater Chattanooga. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director will be responsible for achieving the organization’s fundraising goals, engaging sponsors in ongoing donation and/or service activities, and maintaining an ongoing media presence through marketing strategies for FPGC. This includes leveraging key relationships and contacts within and outside of Chattanooga to ensure meeting the organization’s revenue goals.
● Along with the board of trustees, oversee and implement annual development plan and strategy
● Lead and manage the organization’s overall development efforts to raise an annual budget of $300,000
● Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate and foundation sponsors, congregations, and individual donors
● Write grant proposals and reports to corporate, foundation, and government funders
● With the Marketing Committee, coordinate the implementation of a comprehensive marketing and public relations strategy, including traditional and social media channels
● With the Development Committee, coordinate and oversee all existing fundraising events, and develop new event ideas
● Present Family Promise to the public
● Schedule and conduct tours of the day center
● Coordinate monthly development luncheons with board of trustees
● Oversee creation of FPGC promotional materials to ensure conformity to brand standard
● Bachelor’s degree or 5 years equivalent prior experience required.
● 3-5 years of direct fundraising experience; emphasis on corporate sponsorships or corporate sales is a plus
● Proven track record of achieving revenue goals
● Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new donors
● High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative
● Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
● Strong partnership-building and event planning skills
● Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base
● Professional computer skills and knowledge of CRM programs (Experience with Salesforce a plus)
● Experience managing an organization’s online donation service, such as Network4Good
● Ability to take professional-level photos to use for FPGC
● A strong passion and knowledge for the demographic FPGC serves, as well as a willingness to research and stay up to date with Federal, State, and local changes affecting clientele (important to be able to effectively communicate to donors why FPGC matters)
Accountability: The Development Director reports to the Executive Director. Development Director works closely with Development Chair and Public Relations Chair on the Board.
Working hours: 40 hours per week. Monday through Friday – 9 AM - 5 PM. Some weekend and evening hours may be required. Must attend all fundraising events.
Salary: $35,000 per year.
Interested applicants may send a cover letter and resume to Mary Ellen Galloway at email@example.com.