Hamilton County Schools' Office of Innovation and School Choice seeks a Learning Community Outreach Facilitator for the North River Learning Community.
This role will have a matrix reporting structure as part of the Office of Innovation and Choice but with frequent interaction and direction from the Communications Office and the Learning Community Executive Director for the assigned schools which the incumbent will serve. The function of the Facilitator is to help to deepen relationships between schools, families, and community partners to support student academic achievement and social-emotional development. The Facilitator will work to establish the learning community identity and ensure regular communication between the district and families, as well as faith-based, non-profit, and business partners. The Facilitator will also help to ensure that a community schools framework is implemented to broker services, supports, and resources for families based on the customized needs assessment of the schools within that learning community.
● Creates a customer-focused climate and provides quality services and support to schools, families and community partners, working collaboratively and productively with all stakeholders.
● Supports the implementation of the Future Ready 2023 strategic plan, specifically implementing strategies and action steps to improve the key performance indicators for the Engaged Community
● Develops and maintains structures for parents and community to engage with the school system in a systematic fashion. These will include, but are not limited to, Parent, Teacher and Student Advisory Councils as well as Parent University workshops in each learning community. Additional structures may be created with specific input from the Family and Community Engagement Coordinator and the Learning Community Executive Director.
See the full job description here: http://bit.ly/2ZuEwSJ
● Bachelor's degree in education, social work, public relations, communications, or other related field required.
● Previous experience with public schools, non-profits, or government agencies preferred.
● Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with stakeholders inside and outside HCDE.
● Ability to work in a highly visible and fast-paced work environment.
● Ability to work under pressure and deal effectively with unexpected events.
● Demonstrated understanding of traditional media and agility with social media platforms, including websites, Facebook, Twitter and other new media.
● Ability to use multiple technology devices to complete essential job functions.
● Demonstrated skills in planning, organization, problem-solving, decision-making, and time management.
● Bilingual skills – fluent in Spanish and English desired, though not required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $39,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
Candidates must submit a formal application on the Hamilton County website at http://bit.ly/2L3C9yo by Friday, September 13.