POSITION MISSION: The Receptionist / Administrative Assistant will be responsible for performing general administrative duties, as well as reception duties. This is the first point of contact for most clients and community members served by the Bethlehem Center. This position is the is the voice and face of our agency
BETHLEHEM CENTER MISSION
"We are God's people empowering inner-city youth and families to lead responsible lives by providing discipleship, education, and leadership development."
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
1. Front Desk Receptionist (50% of the time)
● Greeting visitors, answering incoming calls, managing guest traffic
● Greet scheduled visitors and direct to appropriate area or person.
● Answers questions about the organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other
● Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
● Maintains security/safety for both employees and visitors by following company procedures
● Maintains a positive attitude and high level of professionalism
● Coordinates, receives and distributes all incoming mail, packages, and deliveries
● Distributes visitor and temporary ID badges and maintain visitor and ID badge logs
● Provides administrative front desk support as well as other internal departments
● promote all community connection events
● secure contact information
2. Administrative Assistant (40% of the time)
● Executes general office duties including word processing, data entry, auditing documents
● Coordinates meetings
● Coordinates special activities as needed.
● Assist Development Dept as needed
3. Read to Lead Academy / Other (10% of the time)
● Acts as a representative of the after school program to parents
● Enters data for RTL / maintains & updates RTL files
● Dismisses students appropriately / maintains program dismal forms
● Posts and updates RTL Calendar and Schedule
● Assists the Executive Director, Board, and other staff with miscellaneous projects as requested
This position has the potential to grow into an Office Administrator role over time.
Skills, Attributes, & Qualifications
Must be a team player willing to multi-task and fill-in when and where needed. Able to work closely with other staff members to help promote the image of the Bethlehem Center.
High School Diploma or GED (Bachelor’s Degree Preferred)
Minimum of two to four years of administrative experience in an executive environment, expertise in G-Suite and QuickBooks.
Experience in non-profit operations
Excellent personal appearance, presentation, and telephone skills.
Strong oral and written communication skills
Team player, organizer and self-starter.
Produces with minimum supervision and guidance.
Understands or quickly learns United Methodist Church and UMC National Mission Institution organization and funding structures.
Demonstrates character, core values and personal lifestyle compatible with a Christ-centered ministry and be willing to embrace the mission, vision and strategic plans of the Bethlehem Center.
Interested applicants may submit a resume to Reginald Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.