POSITION/TITLE: Development Coordinator (30hrs)
REPORT TO: Executive Director DATE REVIEWED:
SALARY: $35,000 - 45,000 (Based on experience) DATE REVISED:
The Development Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the resource development, public relations, and marketing programs of Chattanooga Room in the Inn (CRITI). Elements of resource development include: Major Gifts/Capital Campaigns, Annual Fund, Corporate and Public Support, Planned Gifts/Endowment Fund, and supporting Special Events.
· Partner with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in drafting and executing an Annual Development Plan with budget.
· Develop, implement, and monitor progress toward short- and long-term fundraising strategy and goals.
· Supervise, set goals with and for, and review the performance of any direct reports.
· Identify and cultivate relationships with current and prospective funders and supporters.
· Maintain schedule and oversight of all fundraising activities which include but are not limited to grants, special events, direct mail appeals, and corporate partnership initiatives.
· Work with the Board of Directors, including the related committees, on development-related projects.
· Participate in the planning, writing, and review of grant applications, budgets, and reports.
· Manage expense budgets for all fundraising, public relations, and communications efforts.
· Give budget input in preparation for Board and related committee meetings.
· Coordinate all media and public relations outreach opportunities. anage the organization’s marketing, messaging, and communication plans. Set and monitor adherence to branding guidelines in mass communications efforts.
· Maintain mainstream and social media accounts (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) as an avenue to publicize and market CRITI’s activities. Explore new strategies and tools to reach additional donors.
· Serve as a public representative of the organization as needed.
· Cultivate relationships with community members to build awareness of, and commitment to, CRITI’s mission.
· Oversee the maintenance and expansion of the organization’s database of supporters.
· Participate in Board meetings and prepare reports as requested by the Executive Director.
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, marketing, or communications
· Minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising, public relations, and/or marketing
· Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources, including individuals, foundations, and corporations. Prior experience and connections to the funding community preferred.
· Experience in donor cultivation, grant writing, contracts management and special events.
· Demonstrated track record of personal accountability and professionalism in a diverse, results-oriented work culture while maintaining an optimistic attitude.
· Strong interpersonal, supervision, administration and management skills.
· Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs. Familiarity with donor tracking systems preferred
· Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
· Maintain a valid driver's license; maintain a satisfactory driving record; carry state-required insurance for vehicle used to transport participant(s).
· Verification of citizenship or eligibility to work in the United States as outlined under Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
· Ability to verbally converse with participants/resources over the phone and in person.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, participants and other sources utilizing strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to facilitate training through informative and persuasive presentations with an aptitude to provide instructions and direction for a variety of audiences.
· Ability to consider various viewpoints to bring multiple parties to a mutual consensus. Must be able to effectively work independently with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule that accommodates the needs of the organization.
Those interested should submit a cover letter, resume and salary range to email@example.com. No phone calls please.