We are looking for a Case Manager to help individuals in our Foster4Freedom program. You will be responsible for making regular home visits and assessing and reporting on the needs of families that you visit. In this role, you will be working with victims of sexual exploitation, which includes: child abuse, neglect, domestic violence, and mental illness.
To be successful in this role, you must be empathetic, but also be able to set boundaries. You will need to listen actively and ask pertinent questions. You will also have strong communication and persuasion skills.
Case Manager Responsibilities:
· Assessing cases and compiling case reports containing relevant information.
· Ensuring that case reports are kept up to date.
· Providing support, guidance and counsel to families in need.
· Making referrals or introductions to other agencies.
· Scheduling and escorting individuals to appointments with legal aid workers, counselors, doctors, etc.
· Monitoring visits between at-risk or fragile children and family members.
· Motivating individuals to participate in restoration programs.
· Reporting abuse.
Case Manager Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in social work.
· A master’s degree in social work may be desired.
· State licensure or professional registration with a government body may be required.
· A valid driver’s license.
· Basic computer skills.
· Must be socially perceptive to work with individuals who have difficulty expressing their needs.
· Knowledge of crisis-intervention methodologies.
· Must be organized and practical.
· Proven coordination skills to connect individuals/families with relevant services.
· Ability to compromise, negotiate and work well with others.
· Trained in Trauma-informed Care
· Strengths-based method of care
· At least 2 years experience with sexual exploitation victims
The Program Assistant will work closely with the Program Director to carry out these tasks. The goal is to ensure that every participate in the program, including Client and Parents, receive the best individualized care that will lead ultimately to restoration. The job is open for 25 hrs/week.
Pay will be $14/hour capped at 25 weekly.
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org