The Public Education Foundation (PEF) is seeking a Data Dashboard Developer to partner with the organization’s research and effectiveness staff on measurement, research, and evaluation tasks associated with our College and Career Network programs and constituents. This team member will begin work on or before September 9, 2019 and will equal a full-time employment schedule. This is a one-year, renewable, grant-funded position. Employment past one year is contingent on successful completion of assigned duties and future funding. This position requires on-site (at the PEF offices) and occasional off-site work. The Data Dashboard Developer will report to PEF’s Director of Research and Evaluation.
The work associated with this position is designed to explore, uncover, and define postsecondary readiness, matriculation, persistence/retention, and completion challenges and barriers while seeking to develop tools to aid education professionals, students, and parents/guardians in overcoming these barriers. Specific research activities will include:
Maintenance and refinement of existing predictive dashboards, related tools, and benchmarks, including:
• Continued development, field-testing, and management of postsecondary readiness and matching dashboards along with support of associated routines, business rules, and application parameters
• Regular collaboration with the Hamilton County Department of Education’s Research and Accountability office on postsecondary pathways-related data and systems
• Regular collaboration with key postsecondary partners and their institutional research, effectiveness, and planning office(s)
• Maintenance, management, and refinement of existing postsecondary program database and relational tables
• Mobile and desktop application development and design
• Routine data queries and reports
• Articulation and summarization of query and statistical results
• Partnering on related research and effectiveness duties
• Survey development, management, and results presentations and applications
The ideal candidate is an individual with a strong belief in the importance of a high quality and equitable public education for all students. The candidate should possess and be able to exhibit the following:
• Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: HTML5; Objective-C; Swift; C++; C#; and Java
• Hands-on data visualization skills
• Experience with data modeling, transformation, data analysis and visualization techniques
• Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills
• Ability to switch between tasks and manage multiple projects in a flexible work environment
Finally, the candidate must satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement to protect, district, school, classroom, student, parent, and education professional data.
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a resume or curriculum vitae, a letter of interest, and a position fit analysis including a description of the candidate’s skills and experience as they apply to each research activity, daily task, and ideal candidate line-item as listed in this job description.
Materials should be submitted to Joni Martin at JMartin@pefchattanooga.org by August 23, 2019.
The Public Education Foundation (PEF) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or disability.