DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING COORDINATOR – CNP HAITI
Position Title: Development & Marketing Coordinator
Start Date: September-October 2019
Reports to: Executive Director
The mission of Children’s Nutrition Program of Haiti (CNP) is to help raise a healthy generation of Haitian children, who can in turn raise Haiti from poverty. CNP works alongside Haitian communities and in collaboration with the local healthy system and our partnering nonprofits, to prevent and treat malnutrition by focusing on its root causes and empowering families through education. Our U.S. headquarters is located in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The Executive Director, who manages general operations and fundraising, leads our small team. We employ over 80 Haitians in the Leogane region of the country. The national board of directors works in collaboration with the staff as a unified team.
Opportunity: The Development & Marketing Coordinator will work in the U.S. office reporting to the Executive Director to ensure the smooth operations of the development, marketing, and special event functions through a donor-centered approach. This position supports fundraising activities through donor stewardship, prospect research, reporting, and database management for all CNP constituencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the donor database to ensure the integrity and accuracy of information entered into the database and that all protocols have been followed.
· Prepare agendas, schedule and organize donor meetings.
· Assist Executive Director with solicitation campaigns to include: generating mailing lists, mail merges, addressing and stuffing envelopes.
· Assist Executive Director with acknowledgments when more than standard form acknowledgment is necessary, i.e. major and capital gifts.
· Identify and conduct ongoing research of prospects including wealth screening; write and maintain prospect/donor profiles for Executive Director and volunteer fundraisers.
Special Event Activities
· Plan, implement, and follow-up for all Development special events.
· Develop and maintain event and volunteer databases.
· Manage all aspects of volunteer committees and volunteer coordination, including but not limited to, staffing, recruitment, supervision, training, and acknowledgment.
· Coordinate event logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising, and collateral.
· Responsible for the development and fulfillment of the special events budget.
· Broaden social networking to promote special events.
· Manage social media accounts alongside marketing Fellow in Haiti
· Actively participate and staff committees as necessary and appropriate.
· Other administrative duties as needed.
General Skill & Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree or two-year degree combined with 3-5 years of experience working with volunteers, office administration, and coordinating special events.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills are essential.
· Demonstrated project management skills working specifically with multifaceted projects and diverse constituents.
· Professional demeanor, good judgment, and the ability to work independently, but collaboratively, in a goal-oriented team environment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suit, particularly Excel.
· Knowledge of Donor Perfect, or comparable donor software, is a plus.
· Alignment with the CNP Mission and Values
· Ability to take initiative and follow through
· Ability to analyze problems, utilize internal or external resources, offer solutions to problems, and implement solutions.
To learn more, visit cnphaiti.org
Please email cover letter summarizing your qualifications and interest along with current resume to – firstname.lastname@example.org