JOB TITLE – Preschool Coordinator
Reporting to the Downtown Preschool Director, the Preschool Coordinator is responsible for general administrative assistance in leading the organization and implementation of a high quality, licensed Preschool program.
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
· Designated to be in charge in the absence of the Director
· In charge of opening and/or closing the preschool daily
· Distributing breakfast, lunch & snack to classrooms
· Review and approve weekly lesson plans
· Review and post weekly teacher scheduling
· Train new teachers on curriculum and developmentally appropriate practices
· Perform daily observations of TN-ELDS implementation
· Write and distribute monthly newsletter
· Organize events and prepare monthly marketing calendar
· Manage inventory of supplies for preschool
· Assist Director with annual licensing requirements and assessment preparations
· Update hallway bulletin boards and decoration of facility common areas
· Other duties, as assigned
· At least two years of college training or DHS recognized credential.
· 1-2 years related group care experience as a supervisor of child care programs.
· Minimum age of 21.
· Fulfillment of state-specific hiring standards.
· Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
· Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise children’s activities.
· Certifications in CPR, First Aid, AED within 30 days of hire.
· New Staff Orientation required upon hire.
· State required training for licensed site.
To apply for this position, send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cut-off date for applying for this position is Tuesday, July 9.