YMCA OF METROPOLITAN CHATTANOOGA JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Teen After School Program Assistant
Reports to: Teen Program Coordinator
To provide support to at-risk teens through daily interaction and give leadership to activities that focus on the key areas of spirit, mind, and body.
1. Maintains standards and regulations as determined by YMCA policy and/or Bright from the Start for unlicensed child care programs.
2. Assures that children are safe at all times, accounted for, and supervised in a healthy environment.
3. Understands and is able to apply emergency procedure as well as communicate potential risk exposures to supervisors.
4. Develops lesson/activity plans based on the program curriculum.
5. Implements program activities and plans as set by schedule.
6. Attends staff meetings and required trainings set forth by the YMCA and/or Bright from the Start.
7. Manages activities in a manner conducive to the needs of at-risk teens.
8. Maintains consistent and positive communication with parents and teens.
9. Recruits and maintains adequate supplies and volunteer resources needed for activities.
10. Uses positive discipline techniques.
11. Assists in the collection of data and tracking of program outcomes.
12. To set an example of promptness, high standards, values and Christian character.
13. Other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Values: Models and teaches the Y’s values.
Community: Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives.
Developing Others: Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
Project Management: Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
1. Minimum high school degree or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
2. At least 19 years of age.
3. Available for work between the hours of 3:00 and 7:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday when school is in session.
4. Previous experience working with children and teens in a developmental setting preferred.
5. Ability to supervise staff, provide leadership and stability to the program.
6. Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
Walking, stooping, standing, sitting, hearing, seeing, lifting (could be up to 50 lbs.)
Certification in CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
New Staff Orientation required upon hire.
Visit the ymcachattanooga.org website below and scroll down to find to posting: