TITLE: Director of Corporate Support
JOB SUMMARY: WTCI serves a 35-county region in the Tennessee Valley. The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate an enthusiastic and detail-oriented approach to promoting underwriting opportunities to businesses and organizations in this territory. Job responsibilities involve managing, prospecting and closing sales activities for corporate support of WTCI’s programs and productions while maintaining a defined monthly goal. This position will serve as Sales Manager for the Corporate Support team and will serve as a member of the Senior Staff. This is an exempt position.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in fine arts, communications, marketing or related field.
Experience: Related work experience with a strong development background with emphasis on value-added media sales, marketing and promotion.
Equipment/Skills: Must have at least one year of proven successful sales experience calling on corporations, small business owners and private practice professionals. Must be organized, self-driven, possess strong presentation and related computer skills, and able to meet metric and development goals on a monthly basis. Exceptional oral, presentation and writing skills a must. Must have the ability to effectively prioritize various schedules, and communicate as part of a team to represent WTCI in a positive and professional manner throughout the community in numerous roles. Supervisory experience is a plus.
WTCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Other personal attributes desired include:
• Impeccable character and reputation
• Competitive, energetic self-starter
• Personable—comfortable meeting new people and representing WTCI at networking events
• Articulate—effective listening, written and oral communication skills
• Keen sense of community involvement
• Manage sales activities that achieve and exceed revenue objectives both individually and departmentally
• Prospect, target and cold call to identify business opportunities in order to build and maintain a sales pipeline
• Build and maintain client relationships with key decision makers to generate new sales
• Attract and close clients in a fast paced environment with a desire to win
• CRM software use is a plus
• Outstanding Customer Service, care and follow up to cultivate renewals and insure a superior customer experience
• Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
• Product Knowledge
• Presentation Skills
• Client Relationships
• Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
• Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the client needs using presentation software
Role Specific Core Competencies are defined as the specific duties, which persons in this position
are encouraged to develop and expected to demonstrate in the performance of their role.
ROLE SPECIFIC CORE COMPETENCIES
1. Obtain corporate underwriters for PBS programming including national, statewide and local productions
2. Present, promote and sell all products/services to existing and prospective customers including program underwriting, production underwriting, special event sponsorships, facility/studio rental contracts, and production services
3. Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products and new products
4. Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
5. Maintains professional and technical knowledge of WTCI and PBS
6. Prepare underwriting and ad contracts for review.
7. Work closely with the production department to assure underwriting spots meet client expectations and follow PBS and FCC guidelines
8. Attend appropriate PBS corporate support training and seminars as requested
9. Represent and advocate for the client in all underwriter deliverables
10. Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
11. Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
12. Distribute underwriting contract information to appropriate staff, per station policy
13. Communicate with supervisor, on a daily basis, regarding weekly goals, contacts made with businesses and results achieved; account for a 40-hour week
14. Will attend weekly senior staff meetings and keep the team informed about customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
15. Log and record all sales activities into CRM
16. Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
17. Drive revenue through creative thinking and customized solutions
18. Other duties as may be assigned
19. Adhere to all station policies and to industry, State and Federal regulations as they apply to department’s activities
20. This person must possess a working vehicle, provide appropriate vehicle liability insurance and will be subject to an annual DMV background check.
Please submit resumes and salary requirements to:
Corporate Support Director
7540 Bonnyshire Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37416