About the Content Coordinator
We are looking for an accomplished, results driven Content Coordinator to take the lead in developing compelling content that empowers individuals to impact our community for the better. As a 97-year-old organization that has renovated itself to have the attitude and posture of a startup, United Way relies on inbound marketing activities to educate the public, generate demand, nurture leads, convert and empower our donors. We’re looking for a data-driven storyteller who is hungry to increase these efforts and execute alongside an incredible team of marketers working hard to scale impact in Greater Chattanooga.
A successful Content Coordinator will be passionate about making our donor’s the hero with compelling storytelling through digital communication. You will work closely with multiple teams, both internal and external, to ensure consistency through digital, print and traditional communication channels. Working alongside the Director of Marketing and Marketing Coordinator, you will develop the voice, tone and consistent output of content that drives our community to engage.
Content Coordinator responsibilities are:
• Creating content to engage our core audiences and donor personas and move them to action
• Develop inbound content capable of being utilizes across multiple mediums (e.g. social posting, SEO, website traffic, lead generation, email automation)
• Implement campaigns to create higher levels of customer interaction, website traffic, and conversion rate optimization
• Work alongside Marketing Coordinator to construct and execute email marketing and automation campaigns
• Develop and oversee core program and initiative messaging and communication.
• Craft monthly content via our blog, email marketing and social marketing.
• Liaise with internal development and program teams to ensure brand messaging consistency and scalability.
• Stay ahead of the curve with content marketing trends
Content Coordinator requirements are:
• Experience managing successful content marketing campaigns, and a solid understanding of content marketing
• Solid understanding of web metrics and digital analytics, with the ability to generate, analyze and interpret data on content engagement
• Strong personal management skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrable experience with results driven marketing campaigns and using a marketing automation suite such as HubSpot to track and analyze content engagement
• Strong understanding of how all current digital marketing channels function
• Solid knowledge of online best practices as well as marketing tools
• Hands on experience with SEO/SEM, Google Analytics and CRM software
• Familiarity or proficiency with Inbound Marketing and tenets thereof
• Outstanding analytical and project management skills
• Degree in Marketing, Digital Technologies, Communications or relevant field
Special Skills for Consideration
• Design experience in print, web or animation (knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Audacity or other media editing software)
• Experience with Salesforce CRM, Marketing Cloud and Social Studio
• Experience with content management systems (ex: WordPress)
• Photography/Videography skills
• Certification and experience with Google Analytics, Google Ad Grants, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager
Competencies & Personality
• Plan Strategically: Engage diverse stakeholders to assess community needs, strategically guiding United Way to contribute to the community’s priorities with credibility, authenticity and humility
• Data-driven critical thinker: Ability to address and manage complex issues to achieve great results, and have the ability to gather, interpret and use relevant data to drive a dynamic, human-centered community investment process
• A proven leader with a bias towards action: Experience managing multiple projects at once and leading a team that consistently completes projects on time and knows how to get the best out the people on your team
• Excited about numbers: The ability to track the return on investment for marketing efforts is critical to increasing UWGC’s market share and recalibrating strategy on the fly
• Comfortable taking smart risks to achieve goals: Innovation drives progress, and you are not afraid to take on strategic risk to achieve a potentially great outcome
• Comfortable building rapport with diverse people in a variety of situations: Comfortable working with people of diverse backgrounds—donors, staff and other constituencies—and have an ability to understand their needs from a variety of perspectives
• Works as a team player who knows how to develop and motivate people: This position requires the ability to have solid interpersonal and management skills and understand how to build and motivate teams for high achievement and results
• Superior communication skills: Must communicate effectively and have an ability to clearly and succinctly articulate UWGC’s message and value to a variety of audiences, inspiring others to act in service
• Flexible, fluid and comfortable with ambiguity: Must be able to shift the focus of your work as situations require, where direction may not be entirely clear. Are a self-starter, comfortable working on your own with little supervision
• Requires a passion for mission-based work and the Chattanooga community: Must bring joyfulness to your work and the organization because you know the work you do helps build a community where all people and families achieve their full, human potential through education, stability and healthy living
Core Competencies for ALL STAFF:
• Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations
• Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal
• Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement
• Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact
• Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network
If you would like to apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to the attention of Tammy McCallie, Director HR; firstname.lastname@example.org.