POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
FLSA STATUS: Part-time (20-25 Hours)
DEPARTMENT: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Rhea County Executive Director
Purpose of Position:
The Administrative Assistant will work directly for, and with, the Rhea County Executive Director to ensure organizational effectiveness. The primary functions for this role include supporting the Rhea County United Way (RCUW) Board Chair & Executive Director, managing projects, completing tasks related to the Executive Director’s meetings and priorities, scheduling/meeting reminders/logistics/etc.for the Board of Directors and the Executive Director, assisting the Executive Director with financial tasks, and ensuring that internal and external executive tasks are completed accurately and on-time. The position will require strong communication skills, digital marketing activities, social media presence, and will interface with both internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis. Excellent customer service skills, a focus on solutions, a positive attitude, and attention to detail are required.
Essential Job Functions:
● Manage calendars, appointments, travel, meeting logistics, reminders, and prepare miscellaneous reports/correspondence for the Executive Director and/or Board of Directors.
● Manage basic office functions including telephone, mail, and office receptionist.
● Coordinate staff meetings, weekly huddles and learning retreats.
● Data entry of volunteers, address changes, pledges, designations, budgets, and other information within established guidelines.
● Prepare presentations for staff, Board and community for the Executive Director.
● Coordinate donor and community acknowledgements and thank you letters.
● Prepare deposits, checks and bank reconciliations .
● Work with campaign and finance committees to supply giving reports and other financial reports for the Executive Director and Board
● Initiate allocation checks and manage the delivery process for UW Agencies.
● Manage dues and renewals
● Manage agendas, meeting reminders and act as liaison with staff for board reporting.
● Write draft correspondence on behalf of Board Chair and Executive Director.
● Manage projects for executive office initiatives and events, including strategic priorities.
● Attend and take notes for leadership/board meetings; create action items and assignments for staff for permanent records.
● Manage deadlines for Executive Director and staff tasks; ensure follow up and completion of time sensitive tasks.
● Work collaboratively with all staff/board members/Executive Director to ensure accurate and timely completion of financial and strategic goals.
● Manage projects related to Board development.
● Research best practices related to RCUW focus areas. Produce reports as necessary for Executive Director and Board.
● Assist clients with applications and file with appropriate agency.
● Assist with grant applications.
● Monitor and maintain email/mailing deliverability and list integrity.
● Generate, edit, publish, and share daily social media content that builds meaningful connections and encourages engagement. Manage social media publishing platform and reporting.
● Optimize and keep company social media pages fresh and accurate to increase brand awareness and engagement.
● Research and keep current with current email marketing and social media trends.
● Monitor, update, and maintain our local United Way webpage, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media accounts as a key piece of the digital marketing strategy.
● Package supplies for employee campaigns and maintain an inventory of all related campaign supplies.
● Other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Skills and Experience
● Exemplary writing, editing and communication skills
● Exemplary customer service skills
● Ability to effectively and confidently communicate with individuals at all levels of professional experience
● Tact, discretion and ability to handle confidential client/donor and organization information
● Ability to multitask, be organized and have strong attention to detail
● Must be able to take initiative, work independently, and have strong implementation skills
● Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evening and weekend hours.
● Professional experience in a non-profit environment is preferred.
● Ability to manage social media activities
● Ability to balance a variety of perspectives within a politically sensitive environment
● Knowledge of human service system preferable
Education and Qualifications
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Program or office management preferred
● Project Management experience preferred
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
● Proficient in Quickbooks or other similar accounting software
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Administrative Assistant. The employee is required to talk and hear, frequently stand and bend, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms, and sit for long periods of time. The employee is required to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
This role is performed onsite in a professional office setting with moderate noise level and professional dress. This position also frequents other workplaces with a variety of physical environments and dress standards therefore flexibility is a must. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers/scanners, copiers, filing cabinets.
Interested applicants may send their resume and cover letter to Christine Ralph at firstname.lastname@example.org.