The mission of Girls Inc. of Chattanooga is to inspire all girls to be strong, smart, and bold. Our comprehensive approach to whole girl development equips girls to navigate gender, economic, and social barriers and grow up healthy, educated, and independent.
Originally founded as The Girls Club of Chattanooga, Girls Inc. has educated and empowered girls since 1961. Through in-school, after school and full day camps, our organization annually serves a diverse group of more than 700 girls, ages 6 to 18. Girls Inc. of Chattanooga is an affiliate of Girls Inc., which serves more than 144,000 girls annually through a network of 83 affiliates across the US and Canada.
The Program Specialist is primarily responsible for maintaining quality programming through developing and implementing literacy programs and activities and managing the day-to-day operations of Girls Inc. programming at the designated site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recruits program participants for age and content specific programming
• Develops and delivers research and outcome-based activities and curricula
• Develops and facilitates activities for program participants
• Oversees effective day-to-day operations of designated program
• Motivates and inspires girls to be actively engaged in all programs and activities
• Responsible for managing volunteers in the pro-girl environment and supervising all volunteer correspondence with volunteers and the Manager of Volunteer Services and Resources
• Attends regular staff development, team meetings and trainings
• All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff, families and community partners
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and data entry on various software
• Highly detail oriented and organized
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Energetic and passionate about the mission of the organization
• Passionate about community, diversity/inclusion and serving in a pro-girl environment (gender specific; girls only)
Experience & Qualifications:
• 3+ years of demonstrable experiencing working with school-age youth
• Minimum requirement of an Associate degree
• Reliable transportation
• Must be eligible to obtain an F-endorsement
• Must be eligible to obtain training in First Aid/CPR
• Must be flexible to work Monday through Friday during school day hours and up to 7:00 p.m. with occasional weekend hours as needed.
This is an hourly position, up to 32 hours per week, for 12 months per year, nonexempt.
Interested parties are asked to provide a cover letter & resume via e-mail to: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. For any additional questions or information, call 423-624-4757.