POSITION TITLE: BILINGUALRESOURCE REFERRAL SPECIALIST
FLSA STATUS: Full Time/Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: 2-1-1/Building Stable Lives
REPORTS TO: 2-1-1 Supervisor
Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for connecting individuals and families who contact the 2-1-1 Call Center through (phone, text, chat, e-mail, etc.) to agencies and programs for needed services, and for maintaining and updating the client and resource database on a regular basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: ADMINISTRATION
1. Maintain accurate information regarding callers and referrals in the database.
a. Complete all applicable information on CallPoint at all times
b. Complete information regarding referrals and the amount of assistance needed if quantifiable
c. Follow up with referral agencies and callers to determine if callers obtained or attempted to obtain services from them either through ServicePoint, calls or emails
2. Maintain accurate and current information regarding agencies and programs listed in the database.
3. Provide weekly reporting regarding
a. Unmet needs encountered for client support and service availability
b. Unusual calls or situations encountered.
c. Problems with database or phone system.
d. Duplication of caller’s information in the database
e. Inaccuracies or errors in database
4. Provide regular reports regarding contacts made and follow-up calls for special programs as required by the program (e.g. Food Stamps, PowerShare, EITC, Christmas Clearance, EPB Fan Program, etc.)
5. Represent 2-1-1 in the community as directed
6. Meet with 211 Supervisor and subcommittees when requested to provide reports on identified needs and gaps in services
7. Maintain and submit any other electronic or manual records as required to document services provided or that were unmet
8. Other duties as assigned
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: INFORMATION AND REFERRAL
1. Provide professional, nonjudgmental communication with clients and agencies
2. Use active listening skills to obtain all information necessary to make informed, accurate and successful referrals to agencies/programs in order to meet the caller's needs.
3. Search the database to find the most appropriate resources available to meet the caller's needs
4. Obtain the caller's verbal consent to both enter the caller's information in the database and contact the agency or agencies on their behalf to let the agency know that they have been referred to the agency/program
5. Advocate for the caller, if necessary, by calling or emailing the agency/program to ensure that the resources are available when callers are referred if verbal consent has been granted
6. Make caller's aware that 2-1-1 or Building Stable Lives representatives are likely to follow up with them to determine whether or not they received the services requested or provide them with additional information regarding help for meeting their needs
7. Maintain client confidentiality at all times unless communicating within 2-1-1 or with agencies with whom 2-1-1 has a business agreement regarding the confidential sharing of information or 2-1-1 and/or the agency has received verbal consent from caller or a specific ROI permitting such communication.
8. Follow procedures that discourage inappropriate uses of the available social services to insure the fair and equitable distribution of community resources.
9. Keep records of unmet needs and meet regularly with staff and the Building Lives Advisory Board to make them aware of needs and gaps in services
10. Other duties as assigned
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: CUSTOMER SERVICE
1. Respond to contacts presented by 211 communication system within 30 seconds
2. Respond to both voicemail and faxed messages from or on behalf of consumers within 4 hours of receipt
3. Respond to requests for information from organizations within a reasonable time
a. 2 hours for emergency referral assistance
b. 24 hours for written information and non-emergency assistance
4. If follow up with a consumer is indicated, conduct that follow up within
a. 2 hours for immediate referral information
b. 4 hours for non-immediate referral information c. 48 hours for special requests
d. 14 days for follow up on referrals that were made if selected for follow up or part of a special contract
5. Provide courteous, friendly service to all consumers
a. Refer problem consumers to the supervisor
b. Never argue with a consumer
c. If a consumer become abusive either transfer the call to a supervisor or inform the consumer that they need to call the supervisor directly and terminate the call
6. If the caller requests anonymity, respect their request. obtain necessary information in order to make a referral, such as zip code and name if possible. and provide the information as requested and indicate this in the Call Status and Notes section of CallPoint.
7. Other Duties as assigned
• Must be fluent in conversational Spanish
• Must be competent in data entry and Microsoft Office
• Must be able to enter data accurately with correct spelling, grammar and format
• Must be able to read and understand complex program descriptions
• Must be able to actively listen and ensure one understands what is being said by the speaker
• Must write clearly and succinctly with correct grammar
• Must be able to communicate and enunciate clearly on the phone
• Must pass CIRS/CRS Certification within 18 months of employment and maintain certification thereafter
• Prior experience in pressure situations or call/help centers a plus
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a human services or social science field preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus experience will be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.