Under the direction of the Executive and Associate Directors of Extended Child Care and the Team Leader, has primary responsibility for the physical, educational, emotional, and social well being and the supervision of his/her assigned group of children.
1. Stays with and supervises all activities of the assigned group of children when on duty, including the supervision of children inside and outside the building, during special events, and during all other activities.
2. Plans, directs, and participates in all areas of activities in the classroom directed toward the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of children in their care.
3. Plans for and carries out all activities scheduled for the assigned group of children.
4. Maintains an orderly classroom.
5. Represents the Teacher position and the agency in a hospitable manner to guests of the agency and in contacts outside of the agency.
6. Maintains a positive and cooperative relationship with all staff, parents, and volunteers of the agency.
7. Is alert to the medical needs of children in their care and appropriately acts on their observations.
8. Reports for repair all broken and non-working equipment.
9. Requisitions supplies and materials needed for the operation of their classroom.
10. Participates in a Professional Development Plan as scheduled by the Team Leader and the Associate Director of Extended Child Care.
11. Turns in lesson plans with the degree of frequency indicated to the Team Leader.
12. Performs other duties assigned by the Team Leader and the Executive Director or Associate Directors of Extend Child Care.
Minimal Qualifications Required:
A Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education, an Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education, or other combination of education and experience evaluated as equivalent. Experience in early childhood education is desirable. All teachers must be able to lift, hold, carry, and move holding weight of 50 pounds. EEO
Interested applicants may send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org