Housekeeping Associate - 2nd Shift
At the Tennessee Aquarium, we strive to connect people with nature and empower them to make informed decisions about water and wildlife. We are passionate about our values, which include respect for conservation, a mindset of lifelong learning, and a collaborative, learning-based, respectful work environment.
As a second shift Housekeeping Associate, you will be responsible for providing a positive first impression for our guests by maintaining the highest level of cleanliness and quickly and effectively assisting with any concerns.
1. Clean and/or polish all stainless surfaces, glass, acrylic, mirrors, windows, etc.
2. Power sweep, vacuum, dust-damp mop surfaces daily and strip/reseal floors as needed; clean carpet and upholstery on scheduled basis
3. Remove trash and recycling daily
4. Clean, sanitize, disinfect and restock public and employee restrooms and shower areas daily
5. Clean offices, kitchens, break areas, exhibit routes, and back-up areas
6. Provide safe cleanup of bodily waste while strictly adhering to OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens guidelines
7. Transport and stock supplies and equipment; report usage for reordering
8. Wash, dry and put away laundry daily
9. Execute and maintain Core Values and Service Standards
• High school diploma or GED
• Minimum of two years' experience in commercial cleaning preferred
• Knowledge of cleaning machinery and chemicals
• Knowledge of various cleaning techniques
• Skills and willingness to operate all cleaning machinery
• Capable of repetitive use of hands and body
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work as a team or alone when assigned tasks
To apply, submit an online application through the Aquarium’s career site at tnaqua.applicantpro.com/jobs/ no later than 06/21/2019.