Executive Director Job Description: The executive director will embrace and champion ELM’s mission and vision as the Head of School/Principal. S/he will cultivate effective relationships with all students, families, staff, board of directors, members of New City East Lake church as well as East Lake community. S/he will foster a culturally and socioeconomically diverse population as well as manage enrollment and student retention in all programs. S/he must maintain an effective relationship with the Board of Directors. S/he will be responsible for effectively assessing, managing and mitigating risks that will negatively impact the mission of the school. S/he will consciously work to establish an atmosphere of team building and planning with the Board of Directors, parents, and East Lake community. S/he will manage day-to-day operations of ELM in conjunction with the Program Director.
Skills Recommended: Fluency in Spanish
MACTE Certification in Primary level Montessori Non-profit experience Management skills
Reports to: The Board of Directors
Hours/Pay: 15 hours per week
Friday Office hours are required 8-2 Tuesday hours required for toddler teacher training & staff meetings Other Hours Flexible
The executive director carries out ELM’s broad educational mission and policies as established by the Board of Directors including:
○ Leads from an abundant personal Christian spiritual life
○ Cares for the personal as well and the professional growth and development of the staff of ELM
○ Collaborates with other ministries in the East Lake community.
○ Outreach to enrolled families
○ Budgets with the Board of Directors annually in conjunction with the Program Director
○ Biweekly Financial Reviews with the PD
○ Buys supplies as needed
● Head of School Responsibilities:
○ Attends all school functions to build relationships with families
○ Ensures availability of an Emergency Contact
○ Resolves any contact with families that cannot be resolved by the head teacher
○ Attends parent conferences if needed
○ Oversees all Staff - training, enrichment, discipline, hiring, firing and annual performance reviews
○ Attending weekly staff meetings on Tuesdays
○ Ensure high fidelity Montessori method throughout the school
○ Creates Policy and Procedures for daily operations of ELM with PD & Head Teachers
○ Serves as primary spokesperson for ELM and promotes its programs
○ Oversees Fundraising Coordinator, Grantwriter, and Social Media Coordinator
● Work with the Board of Directors
○ Reports at board meetings monthly
○ Works with Committees of the Board
○ Plans for future growth of school
○ Coordinates Workdays with NCEL elder on the Board of Directors
Deadline for application is June 28. Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about East Lake Montessori visit our Facebook page or our website at www.eastlakemontessori.org.
About East Lake Montessori East Lake Montessori (ELM) is a part-time preschool ministry. We operate Monday-Thursday from 8:30am-1pm. We have a Toddler class of 8-10 students who attend two days a week on T/TH. Our Preschool students may attend for two or three days a week. Kindergarten students attend four days as a part of our homeschool tutorial program. A total of 25 children are served in the Preschool/Kindergarten classroom every week.
Vision Statement East Lake Montessori strives to educate the children of our church and neighborhood in East Lake to love learning, work, and one another. We strive to be a cross-culturally, racially, and economically diverse group that fosters integrity, independence, and hope in every child.
About ELM’s Legacy Program
Through the Legacy Program, ELM provides deeply discounted rates for neighborhood children to be exposed to a high quality Montessori environment. Legacy families pay approximately 10% or less of the cost of tuition.