The Assistant Director reports to the Executive Director and has oversight of the program in the Executive Director’s absence. On a day-to-day basis, the Assistant Director has oversight of the center’s infant/toddler and preschool classrooms and is responsible for helping to provide a warm, caring, child-centered environment for all children enrolled at Little Miss Mag Early Learning Center. The Assistant Director has immediate supervision over Little Miss Mag’s teaching team and must be able to manage the workload with a confidential approach, an energetic personality and a professional appearance.
• Classroom Staffing—Assistant Director is responsible for scheduling teachers (part-time, full-time and substitutes) in a manner that is compliant with the State of Tennessee Three Star Rating Scale, and which is the most efficient for the program. In order to perform this duty, the Assistant Director must be able to be reached by staff members outside of normal business hours and must respond within a reasonable amount of time to ensure that classrooms are covered.
• Classroom Engagement—Assistant Director is responsible for visiting each classroom daily to ensure that teaching staff have the necessary curriculum materials and guidance to provide an enriching environment for young children. Program Coordinator must be flexible to work with any age group in the teacher's absence if coverage cannot be found and must be flexible with providing necessary breaks and general classroom support.
• Program Enrichment—Assistant Director has oversight of enrichment activities including on-site and off-site field trips, planning special activities related to classroom themes, and coordinating use of the personal safety curriculum for three and four-year old classrooms (as required by the State of Tennessee).
• Compliance & Financial--Alongside Executive Director and Programs & Operations Assistant, ensures completion of monthly and bi-weekly invoicing for reimbursement from the Child & Adult Care Food Program and the Child Care Certificate Program.
• In conjunction with the Executive Director, assists with the interviewing, hiring and training and supervision of staff; must be willing and available to mentor incoming teachers on all shifts and manage lower-level staff conflicts as they arise; is responsible for the management of staff files and assists with data collection for annual re-licensure with the State of TN.
• In the absence of the Programs & Operations Assistant, may assist with general office operations.
• In conjunction with the Executive Director, collects and prepares data as needed and assists with special projects including annual fundraisers.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Hours: As the Assistant Director position requires flexibility and the ability to interact with all teaching staff on a regular basis, hours will vary based on programmatic needs.
Requirements: Associates Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Three years of supervisory experience required. Administrative TECTA required.
Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to: TBryant@littlemissmag.org