Welcome Home of Chattanooga
Night Manager Job Description
The role of Night Manager is part time- flexible overnight hours 20-30 hours per week. It requires some experience in caring for those who are dying. Night Managers report to the Resident Care Coordinator or the Director regarding ideas or concerns. This position will require being the on-call person for the night you are working. Holidays will be rotated and shared between employees.
This position requires someone with (training will be provided as part of orientation):
• Experience in providing personal care; physical ability to reposition and help transfer a resident.
• Flexibility with hours
• Critical thinking skills on assessing a situation and coming up with a plan of care, sometimes in a crisis
• Ability to educate others regarding end of life care
• Confidence to share and communicate ideas and work on development of program
• Available to be on call, essential in time of hardship such as extreme weather conditions or other emergencies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Personal care of residents and support of their companions
• Document notable client interactions with staff, volunteers and/or other residents.
• Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with program residents.
• Coordinate and collaborate with partner hospice agencies
• Reinforce community living shared values with residents
• Hand out prescription and over-the counter medications to our residents according to
• Immediately report suspected neglect/abuse or concerns to supervisor.
• Receive and provide report from previous/incoming shift. Review communication log and charts at the beginning of each shift.
• Serve as a resource person for volunteers.
• Interact with volunteers including greeting by name, providing information on resident needs as appropriate.
• Seek volunteer input on opportunities to improve.
• Answer and document all telephone calls with name, return phone number, date and time
• Perform walk through of entire home and perform needed remedial actions (kitchen clean-up, refrigerator cleaning, laundry and trash as needed).
• Ensure Home is clean and comfortable for the next shift.
• Participate in program schedule to ensure 24/7/365 coverage, including emergency backup staffing.
• Provide holiday staffing and/or on-call coverage on a rotating basis with other
• Elevate pertinent client and house concerns to the Executive Director in a timely manner.
• Document and respond to critical incidents according to policy
• Document all visitors, including vendors and volunteers, in daily log.
• Record hours worked and email to Executive Director for approval
• Attend staff meetings, in-services and special events as you are able.
• Stay abreast of, follow, and provide input to all agency and program policies and procedures.
• Provide mentoring and support for our volunteers during shift and provide feedback to Executive Director as needed.
Qualifications: High school diploma preferred and a minimum of one year experience in a social service or medical organization, preferably working in a residential setting with individuals who are terminally ill and with history of homelessness. Candidates must have flexibility in working hours, including on-call availability and the willingness to work holidays as they coincide with regular shifts. Candidates must possess an acceptance and respect for cultural diversity, sexual orientation, and religious backgrounds. Candidates must be team players, demonstrate good listening and empathic skills, be able to multi-task and possess strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills. Candidates must be comfortable with providing personal care and giving medications to residents.
Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to Sherry Campbell.