Join our team at Hamilton County Schools as an Educational Assistant - Exceptional Education. This is a full time, hourly position with benefits.
The goal of Hamilton County Schools is to be the fastest improving district in the state of Tennessee. Our educational assistants will assist Hamilton County Schools in reaching our Future-Ready 2023 goals by accelerating student achievement and preparing students to be future-ready.
Educational Assistants for exceptional education will provide teaching support and services under the direction of a licensed special education teacher and/or a speech language therapist assisting in the implementation of Individual Education Programs for students with disabilities in general or special education classrooms, one-on-one or in small group settings, or with special, more narrowly defined services.
This may include, but is not limited to, providing general physical assistance to students with various disabilities, assisting teachers with classroom projects/activities, providing short term classroom coverage for teachers, monitoring/data collection in academic and/or non-academic regular curriculum participation, and other general duties which support the provision of special education services.
Interested candidates should apply at http://bit.ly/HCSExEdAssistant
• One (1) year previous experience and/or training involving educational assistance, working with students/children, computerized student instruction, general office work, or work in area of assignment; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
• Ability to use a variety of teaching strategies.
• Ability to work collaboratively with students who have a variety of learning disabilities.
• In addition, must have one of the following before reporting to work:
• 48 university semester hours OR An Associate's degree or higher; OR
Passing score on the PRAXIS for Parapro exam (456 is the passing score for Tennessee)