At the Tennessee Aquarium, our mission is to connect people with nature and empower them to make informed decisions about water and wildlife. We are passionate about a number of values which include respect for research and conservation, a mindset of lifelong learning, and a diverse, collaborative and learning-based work environment.
As the Development Coordinator you will be the lead staff member for fundraising data, gift entry and reporting. Provide administrative support for the office of Development and participate in and contribute to all aspects of customer service for donors and other community-based partners.
1. Provide primary data entry for the Development office, and maintain standards and procedures to ensure accurate and complete constituent records of donor information, gifts, and communications.
2. Receive and process checks; reconcile accounting and development records as needed.
3. Maintain gift agreement policies and pledge management policies.
4. Analyze and track giving with weekly reports, confirm and reconcile gifts and/or funds as needed and oversee annual audit of gift records.
5. Participate in event planning for special events and fundraising events. Provide prompt and courteous service for internal and external contacts related to donor events and create event registration pages for development related events.
6. Work with the Development & Strategy Officer on grant fulfillment i.e. processing reimbursement requests, and budget tracking.
7. Develop stewardship policies and procedures with the Director of Development and alert staff when specific practices should be implemented.
8. Responsible for software updates, coding, maintenance of constituent records, data integration, global changes, and creating and mapping required fields.
9. Generate customized queries, reports, and lists for development activities.
10. Maintain files for the department and remind solicitors about prospect tracking.
11. Compose correspondence, input forms, proofread and prepare correspondence materials for monthly solicitations and renewals, and donor acknowledgements.
12. Answer and transfer department calls and/or messages to appropriate staff.
13. Other duties as assigned.
• College degree required
• Minimum of one year of experience in a related field
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and database entry
• Experience with The Raisers Edge or other CRM preferred
• High level of accuracy and strong organizational skills
• Ability to provide timely and accurate reports
• Multi-tasking ability
To apply, submit an application, cover letter and resume through the Aquarium’s career site at tnaqua.applicantpro.com/jobs/. All submissions must be received by April 14, 2019.