Bethel Bible Village – Part Time House Parent
Since 1954 Bethel Bible Village has provided safe, nurturing and Christ-centered homes on our Hixson campus. Bethel offers healing and hope to children and teens who have faced a life-changing crisis, or whose families have been impacted by crisis. Children ages 5 – 17, families, teen moms and their babies, are referred to Bethel by school counselors, partnering agencies and juvenile courts. Our middle and high school residents attend school on our campus at Bethel Christian Academy.
We are currently seeking an assistant youth care worker to serve on a part-time basis in our programs, including the teen mom program. Your role will be teaching these youth life skills, and to inspire their physical, spiritual, intellectual, and emotional development. You may also be assisting with the care of babies.
• Spiritual: Be an active participating Christian in a local congregation with a commitment to Bethel Bible Village’s Code of Conduct and Employee Covenant
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
• Specific Skills: One year of youth related experience required – educating, coaching, or working with school-aged children. Experience working with teens, infants, and toddlers is preferred. Effective verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills required. Previous computer experience preferred.
• License: Must have a valid driver’s license
• Other Requirements: Minimum age requirement for this position is 25 years of age. Applicant must be single, lawfully authorized to work in the U.S., and successfully pass a background check, drug screen, and physical.
Please visit www.bethelbiblevillage.org to learn more about our ministry and to complete a House Parent Application.