The Clinic Service Representative will work directly with the Medical Office Manager and under the supervision of the Medical Information Coordinator for Clinic Services. The CSR is the first point of customer contact for our patients and patient family members for appointment scheduling and other inquiries necessary to provide comprehensive patient care and a safe environment of the patients and staff. As a CSR at Cempa Community Care, duties will include but may not be limited to keeping accurate medical records, clerical work, client education and support of the clinic and other team members. This position requires terminology used in a Clinical setting. Please note: Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but not limited to):
• Providing superior levels of clinic service through prompt and courteous service in person, by phone, or through email. This includes but is not limited to greeting clients by name, being friendly and understanding, while keeping the client informed all the way through to discharge as well as clarifying continued care instructions and any follow-up needed.
• Calls and reschedules appointments for those unable to attend on the original date.
• Responsible for client(s) check in/out, verifies their information, and collects co-pays and enters information into eCW as needed.
• Consistently provides correct and complete information concerning services offered at Cempa Community Care in accordance with Cempa policies and procedures and all applicable laws to ensure every client receives consistently high-quality service.
• Assists with insurance eligibility for all clinic patients.
• Navigates medical records, analyzes and interprets data to and from correct conclusions in order to serve clients, identify billable services, and assist other staff members.
• Maintains confidentiality of client financial and medical information.
• Responsible for file maintenance by ensuring correct information is entered, organized using the proper filing and charting method as well as correcting inaccurate information using computer-based files. Ensures all appropriate documentation is included to complete the patient’s record.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
• Demonstrate multi-cultural sensitivity and experience or interest in working with underserved communities. Able to interact with a variety of people, with a wide understanding of culture, beliefs and economic levels.
• Complete special projects upon request and other duties as assigned.
• Able to handle confidential and proprietary information appropriately, high level of integrity.
• Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
• Ability to prioritize and organize workload, adapt quickly to change and deliver under pressure.
• Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a team environment with collaborative skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent computer skills.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Experience with Electronic Medical Records systems preferred.
• Two+ years of experience in customer service and front office skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS, HCV, and STI’s, their transmission, prevention, and progression or a closely related field.
• Bilingual in Spanish a plus, but not required.
Those who would like to be considered are encouraged to send their resume along with a cover letter, and 3 professional references to email@example.com as soon as possible.
Posted qualifications serve as a guide for candidate review and are not all inclusive. Cempa Community Care reserves the right to deviate from posted credentials in determining what combination of candidate education, experience and skills are best suited ta position.
Cempa Community Care is an equal provider of services and an equal opportunity employer--Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.