At the Tennessee Aquarium and IMAX® 3D Theater, we strive to connect people with nature and empower them to make informed decisions about water and wildlife. We are passionate about our values, which include respect for conservation, a mindset of lifelong learning, and a collaborative, learning-based, respectful work environment.
The Aquarium is looking for a positive, friendly seasonal VR Operator to operate our Virtual Reality simulators while providing a high level of customer service, and creating a fun and memorable experience for guests.
1. Communicate professionally and effectively with visitors and staff
2. Perform all applicable opening procedures as prescribed (including testing prior to opening) and ensure quality of guest experience by routinely cleaning and performing general maintenance duties as required
3. Provide assistance during emergency situations ensuring the safety of visitors and staff
4. Help maintain a clean lobby between each show to ensure a positive first impression when guests enter the building
5. Provide assistance to guests with special needs, such as helping those with wheelchairs
6. Communicate clearly with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone, and body language
7. Immediately report any technical issues through established methods and send Pulseworks regular maintenance updates
8. Monitor critical areas of the IMAX Theater to ensure safety concerns are reported in a timely manner
9. Execute and maintain Core Values and Service Standards
10. Perform other duties as assigned or directed by Management
• Exceptional customer service skills;1+ years’ experience in customer service preferred
• Ability to handle cash and credit card transactions, and count change back to guests
• Ability to perform under pressure and in a fast paced, busy environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with guests, staff, and management
• Ability to explain Virtual Reality to guests in a clear and concise manner
• Maintain a positive attitude with guests and co-workers at all times
• Maintain a professional, neat appearance adhering to the uniform policy guidelines
• Ability to work with Large crowd volumes and stand for extended periods of time
Seasonal, hourly; weekend work required
To apply, submit an online application and resume through the Aquarium’s career site at tnaqua.applicantpro.com/jobs/.
All submissions must be received by April 19, 2019.