POSITION TITLE: EMPLOYMENT COORDINATOR
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
POSITION PURPOSE: The purpose of the position is to advance AIM Center’s Supported Employment services for AIM members, adults aged 18 and older with a serious mental illness. This position will establish and maintain meaningful relationships with AIM members and community employers and create Transitional Employment (TE) partnerships. The position will be responsible for promoting, creating and maintaining relationships that advance member recovery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: These responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following areas.
ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF THE JOB.
• Be a team member of Employment Resources Unit by participating in the Work-Ordered Day (WOD), skill building activities, and SMART philosophies of documentation while maintaining a representative caseload.
• Produce and realize job development goals which meet Transitional Employment accreditation requirements of Clubhouse International.
• Lead by example in developing jobs, serving as a job coach and providing absence coverage.
• Develop, implement and measure a marketing plan to increase employment opportunities for members.
• Coordinates the collection and data entry of member employment data in the agency’s electronic member health record to meet contractual and regulatory requirements.
• Network with community providers, leaders, officials, and organizations in the region that have interest or potential in collaborating with AIM Center.
• Attend community events and works with businesses in seeking jobs.
• Work with local consortium(s) that promote training, technical assistance, and public policy development.
• Conduct outreach, educational and technical meetings with community entities.
• Ensure the successful creation of Supported Employment Opportunities for members.
• Secure the support of business, education, and community leaders.
• Work with the Consumer Housing Specialist to include information about employment opportunities for those in the Housing communities.
• Develop measurable goals and objectives for the creation of employment opportunities annually with outcomes relating to access, capacity, and effectiveness.
• Provide required reports and invoices to AIM Center management staff and funding sources.
• Serve as a team member for AIM Center and support the mission.
• Develop and update policies and procedures as requested
• Serve on committees and projects and attend meetings as needed.
• Share in general clubhouse WOD activities as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s level degree with experience required, Master’s preferred.
• Personal vehicle, valid driver's license and automobile liability insurance.
• Strong verbal, written, inter-personal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• The capacity for leadership and ability to represent the agency with constituents, Business and industry, government bodies, and the community-at-large.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES :
The employee filling this position must:
• Be proficient in the use of computers and software programs.
• Conceptualize and communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Gather information, make decisions, and consistently follow through on completion of tasks
• Demonstrate leadership and professionalism at all times.
• Be able to provide feedback to others in a manner that promotes teamwork and personal growth.
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.