Providing assistance and support to clients insuring the successful completion of the Work Services Program.
• Assist in training clients on new or unfamiliar jobs through demonstration, prompting, praise or other methods as deemed appropriate to the situation.
• Responsible for ensuring clients have required materials for job completion.
• Report material shortages and equipment malfunctions to the supervisor.
• Provide oral and written feedback on client’s progress to the Director of Employment Services.
• General office duties (filing, typing and phone skills)
• Maintain an orderly and safe work environment.
• Transport clients to work assignments as needed.
• Provide post-employment training at employer’s job site as needed.
May include other duties as assigned by management.
KEY KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Must possess a High School Diploma or GED, post or secondary education preferred.
• Supervisory, production or manufacturing experience preferred.
• Computer skills are preferred but not required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
• Successful development and implementation of objectives, continuous growth in services provided
• Effective leadership
• Appropriate interaction with staff, management, clients and volunteers
• Accomplishment of job functions in an effective and timely manner
• Proficiency in oral and written communication
• Effectiveness in establishing priorities and working on multiple assignments and concurrent projects
• Exercise good judgment in the absence of specific guidelines
• Demonstrated ability to meet demanding and changing deadlines despite interruptions
• Adherence to and enforcement of company policies and procedures
• Effectively strives to meet production goals.
Interested applicants can send a cover letter and resume to Taryn Balwinski, Mission Services and Volunteer Coordinator.