POSITION TITLE: Accountant
FLSA STATUS: Full Time/Salaried-Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Finance and Operations
Purpose of Position: Perform accounting, accounts payable, reporting, payroll and other Finance department functions.
Major Areas of Responsibility: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Key Responsibility Area – Accounting
• Prepare bank account reconciliations
• Prepare monthly general ledger account analyses and reconciliations
• Record and bill all earned income
• Prepare required audit information and assist auditors during annual audit
Key Responsibility Area – Accounts Payable/Payroll
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation, coding, and approval prior to entry and payment
• Prepare cross-department expense allocation calculations
• Print, obtain signatures, and distribute all checks and disbursements
• Prepare and upload all other disbursements
• Answer vendor inquiries and maintain vendor records
• Seek cost-saving opportunities
• Maintain supplies ordering
• Oversee preparation of 1099s
• Assist in processing payroll
Key Responsibility Area – Financial Reporting
• Prepare timely and accurate internal financial reports
• Provide ad hoc reporting as requested
• Other finance responsibilities as needed
• Perform filing and copying, assistance to VP, other tasks upon request
• Foster a team environment
• Problem Solving/Analytical skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Critical thinking skills
• Change agent
• Self-driven, takes ownership
• Advanced excel skills
• Ability to quickly master new software programs
• Highly organized and ability to multitask
Core Competencies for ALL STAFF:
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission and to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree, accounting focus preferred.
At least five years of experience in an accounting role.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Tammy McCallie at firstname.lastname@example.org.