Paid internship for summer 2019, 20 hours a week, M-F in Dalton, GA office. Works with grant applicants and potential applicants to gain needed employment, financial, and medical documentation and assists in completing the application for assistance. Prepares budgets for grant applicants. Maintains confidentiality and privacy of all records. Assists in marketing activities and fundraising campaigns. Attends community meetings, trainings, and volunteer projects as needed, as well as other duties as assigned.
• Comfort in working with diverse populations in person and via phone and email.
• Ability to maintain professional office relationships and business attire.
• Compassion for families dealing with life-altering and catastrophic medical conditions.
• Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Speak and write in grammatically correct English.
• Education: Near completion of an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in social work, business, or a medical, health or human service field.
• Experience: Prefer two years of previous office experience.
To apply send a resume, cover letter, and list of 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30, 2019. No walk-ins or phone calls please.
About FCIF: The Floor Covering Industry Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization that is dedicated to financially assisting those who are or have been affiliated with the floor covering industry who experience illnesses, severe disabilities, or other life-altering hardships. The Foundation ensures that these philanthropic efforts are accomplished with compassion, confidentiality, and preservation of dignity for the individuals concerned.