General Position Description
Supervisor: Executive Director
Type of Position: Staff
Purpose: The Bookkeeper works with a strong team in Leogane, Haiti and Chattanooga, TN, USA to actively help fulfill the vision, mission and activities of the Children’s Nutrition Program of Haiti (CNP) to improve the health and nutrition status of children under 5 years of age in Leogane Commune and beyond. S/he is primarily responsible, with support and supervision from the Executive Director, for insuring that the financial components of the organization meet the highest professional and ethical standards.
The Bookkeeper is based in Chattanooga, TN, and works with a small staff in the organization’s USA based office. S/he reports to the Executive Director, who is also based in Chattanooga, TN. With the supervision and support of the Executive Director, the bookkeeper is primarily responsible for bookkeeping, managing disbursements, working with the Executive Director to report to the Finance Committee and on the audit and Annual tax return preparation.
• Record all of the organization’s financial transactions into QuickBooks. This includes originating documentation in the USA and entering from supporting information transactions occurring in Haiti:
• Maintain detailed ledgers for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets and all Payroll related balances;
• Maintain appropriate supporting documentation for all USA transactions;
• Produce annual reports for the state of Tennessee and other required authorities;
• Assist auditors with annual audit and 990 tax filing;
• Reconcile all cash accounts both in the USA and Haiti and balance Haiti cash disbursement accounts to supporting documents;
• Reconcile deposits with detailed information from Donor Database on a monthly basis;
• Prepare monthly financial statements and other reports on request;
• Assist Executive Director with grant and program tracking reports;
• Assist with the development of the annual budget;
• Attend Finance Committee meetings;
• Recommend, develop and document necessary accounting procedures;
• Maintain accounting software upgrading as necessary to remain current;
• Identify inefficiencies and make recommendations for improving the financial position of the organization;
• Support Country Director in Haiti;
• Prepare payroll for all US employees and produce necessary reports including tax reports and employee forms. Also produce necessary W-2’s and 1099s;
• Prepare other employee related reports such as worker compensation and unemployment insurance.
Please email cover letter summarizing your qualifications and interest along with current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.