The Public Education Foundation’s mission is to support the transformation of public education so that every student is prepared for success.
The Public Education Foundation is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Development and Communications to work as member of the development team. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Assistant Director of Development and Communications will assist with all aspects of development administration and communications, especially database management, donor cultivation, grant writing, marketing campaigns, and event planning. This position involves generating revenue and increasing community awareness through the implementation of fundraising and communication strategies.
• Update and maintain donor database system
• Design and develop donor communications materials including monthly newsletter, donor publications, campaign materials and stewardship reports.
• Provide support to our annual fundraising program
• Engage the community by attending events to promote and to represent the PEF.
• Process donations, generate and track tax-receipts and acknowledgement letters
• Collect and analyze donor and prospect data to detect trends and improve strategies
• Manage development interns and provide leadership to departmental communications staff
• Assist in the planning of fundraising events, donor receptions, and tours
• Research and identify continued development of funding opportunities, potential donors, foundations, and sources
• Cultivate and maintain positive relationship with other organizations, community supporters, board members, and donors
• Monitors and updates the Foundation’s website
• Assist with grant-writing and reporting
• Lead in cross-functional work teams as needed
Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, or related field required
Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in development and/or relevant experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Excellent, high quality written and verbal communication skills
Excellent problem-solving skills
Strong attention to detail and highly organized
Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge or other CRM database system.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Commitment to public education
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter.
Applications should be sent to:
Public Education Foundation
100 East 10th Street, Suite 500
Chattanooga, TN 37402 or