Paid internship, 20 hours a week, M-F in Dalton, GA office.
Increases the exposure of the organization to potential grant applicants who have 1)worked in the floorcovering industry for 5+ years, 2)have extreme financial need, and 3)are experiencing (or a household member has) a life-altering medical condition. Works with grant applicants to gain needed employment, financial, and medical documentation and assist in completing the application for assistance. Provides referrals to other medical, financial, and support resources. Maintains confidentiality and privacy of all records. Attends community meetings, industry events, trainings, and volunteer projects as needed, as well as other duties as assigned.
• Speak and write in grammatically correct English.
• Comfort in working with diverse populations in person and via phone and email.
• Takes initiative and works independently.
• Ability to maintain professional office relationships and business attire.
• Compassion for families dealing with life-altering and catastrophic medical conditions.
• Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Use MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Education: Near completion of an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Social Work or another health or human service field.
• Experience: Prefer two years of previous office experience.
About the Floor Covering Industry Foundation
The Floor Covering Industry Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization that is dedicated to financially assisting those who are or have been affiliated with the floor covering industry who experience illnesses, severe disabilities, or other life-altering hardships. The Foundation ensures that these philanthropic efforts are accomplished with compassion, confidentiality, and preservation of dignity for the individuals concerned.
To apply send a resume, cover letter, and list of 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2019. No walk-ins or phone calls please.