Relief Program Coordinator
Reports To: Sr. Director of Program Operations
FSLA Status: Hourly / PRN
The mission of Girls Inc. of Chattanooga is to inspire all girls to be strong, smart, and bold. Our comprehensive approach to whole girl development equips girls to navigate gender, economic, and social barriers and grow up healthy, educated, and independent.
Originally founded as The Girls Club of Chattanooga, Girls Inc. has educated and empowered girls since 1961. Through in-school, after school and full day camps, our organization annually serves a diverse group of more than 700 girls, ages 6 to 18. Girls Inc. of Chattanooga is an affiliate of Girls Inc., which serves more than 144,000 girls annually through a network of 83 affiliates across the US and Canada.
The Relief Program Coordinator provides occasional relief to Program Coordinators/Educators who are absent from their site and is responsible for maintaining quality educational programming and a safe environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attends periodic in-service training in August, December, January and May to remain up-to-date with Girls Inc. policies, procedures, and programs Develops and delivers research and outcome-based activities and curricula
• Delivers research and outcome-based curriculum using lesson plans prepared by the Program Coordinator/Educator.
• Oversees effective day-to-day operation of site.
• Motivates and inspires girls to be actively engaged in all programs and activities
• Provides homework help and academic enrichment.
• Participates in and travels with girls to field trips.
• Supervises volunteers and program guests.
• Dresses in a professional manner.
• Submits reports to coordinator/educator in a timely manner.
• If he/she meets the general requirements and is over the age of 25, may drive for field trips (local or non-local).
• Provides end of day notes to coordinator/educator within 24 hours of implementation and supervision at assigned program site.
• All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff, families and community partners
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Energetic and passionate about the mission of the organization
• Passionate about community, diversity/inclusion and serving in a pro-girl environment (gender specific; girls only)
Experience & Qualifications:
• 3+ years of demonstrable experiencing working with school-age youth
• Minimum requirement of an Associate degree
• Reliable transportation
• Must be eligible to obtain an F-endorsement
• Must be eligible to obtain training in First Aid/CPR
• Must be flexible to work Monday through Friday during school day hours and up to 7:00 p.m. with occasional weekend hours as needed.
Interested parties are asked to email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail it to Girls Inc. of Chattanooga, Job Opportunities, 4505 Brainerd Road, Suite 110, Chattanooga, TN 37411.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Email submissions are preferred.