The Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy is a single gender, small learning community for
girls in grades 6-12. The college preparation curriculum is centered on Science, Technology,
Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM). CGLA offers girls an accelerated and
integrated remediation approach that is intended to move them to proficient and advanced
levels within core academic subjects. A range of social supports that reflects girls’ social
development needs are integrated into the educational experience.
At CGLA, we believe that every girl has the potential to be an academic achiever and a leader.
This firm belief in the promise and potential within each girl undergirds our resolve to offer girls
an engaging and rigorous academic experience that prepares them for college completion,
grounds them in civic responsibility, and positions them for successful careers in a competitive,
knowledge-based global economy.
CGLA invests in a number of innovative school elements to enrich the educational experience of
• CGLA is an all-girls school—the FIRST single-gender public school in the state of
• CGLA’s college preparatory curriculum emphasizes STEAM to prepare girls for 21st
century careers and position our community to remain competitive in an increasingly
complex global economy.
• CGLA extends learning time for girls through an extended school day.
• CGLA faculty use creative teaching methods that reflect girls’ specific learning styles.
• CGLA harnesses technology to support girls’ learning and offers each girl a laptop for
educational use at school and at home.
Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy is a Title I school.
Teaching at CGLA:
CGLA invites outstanding educators to apply for the position of High School Teacher for the
2019-20 school year. High School teachers possess a deep passion for instruction and an
enthusiasm for rigorous development in the honing of their craft. In addition to weekly
professional development and team planning meetings, teachers receive consistent highimpact
coaching and feedback from academic coaches and school administrators, as well as
opportunities to be a coach themselves. This position is an opportunity to play a significant
focused on academic achievement, character, and college-readiness. CGLA is committed to
recruiting, developing, and keeping excellent teachers.
Responsibilities of a CGLA High School Teacher include, but are not limited to:
• Create a positive and structured learning environment that fosters both outstanding
academic achievement and personal character development
• Create a culture of high expectations in your classroom and throughout the school
• Revise and implement a rigorous curriculum aligned with state and national standards
• Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
• Collaborate with school team in planning meetings, grade-level activities, and schoolwide
• Communicate regularly with students, families, and colleagues in a way that models
• Involve and enlist parents and guardians as partners in their students’ education
• Advise a small group of students to success throughout their four years of high school
Special Education Services (if applicant holds appropriate endorsement):
• Review general education teacher lesson plans and provide detailed feedback to enable
them to make necessary accommodations and modifications based on student learning
needs and standards
• Work with students with IEPs to set high goals
• Review student 504 plans and IEPs and lead IEP meetings
• Oversees compliance of special education files
• Coordinates RTI procedures and implementation
• Assist principal in coordinating, managing, and administering state, MAP, and interim
assessments with accommodations
• Monitor overall academic progress for students with IEPs
• Valid Tennessee teaching license with appropriate endorsement(s)
• Commitment to working with under-served students
• Relentless drive to teach until students learn
• Passion and enthusiasm for their given subject matter
• Superb personal organization skills
• Team player: demonstrates maturity, growth mindset, strong work ethic, followthrough,
• Willingness to offer and respond positively to feedback
• Strong belief in the CGLA mission and educational model
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus
Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience, and includes comprehensive benefits.
Teachers receive funds for supplies and materials as well as a laptop computer.
*Athletic coaching duties required for some positions.
Please contact our HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.