YMCA OF METROPOLITAN CHATTANOOGA JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Program Director – Preschool/Child Care
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Develops, organizes and implements high quality YMCA Child Care/Preschool program.
1. Manages, directs and coordinates the child care programs for assigned location. Ensures high quality programs and establishes new program activities. Expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
2. Trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures staff remains in compliance with required training and certifications.
3. Develops, trains and implements the YMCA Language Immersion Curriculum, as well as Creative Curriculum and Designs for Living and Learning.
4. Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the program. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected. Supports and budgets for healthy eating through coaching, mentoring, and monitoring menu quality.
5. Ensures compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to program areas. Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
6. Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living.
7. Develops and maintains relationships with state child care licensing agency, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs. Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
8. Maintains proper records/department files.
9. Organizes special events for parents. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities.
10. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
11. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
12. Other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Values: Models and teaches the Y’s values.
Community: Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives.
Developing Others: Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
Finance: Effectively creates and manages budgets.
Quality Results: Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent.
2. Candidate must be bi-lingual (Spanish)
3. Three to five years related experience preferred, as a coordinator or supervisor of child care programs.
4. Minimum age of 21.
5. Fulfillment of state-specific hiring standards.
6. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise children’s activities.
· Certifications in CPR, First Aid, AED within 30 days of hire.
· New Staff Orientation required upon hire.
· State required training for any licensed site.
To apply for this position, send resume to: email@example.com