Position Title: Development Specialist
Summary: Assist Development Coordinator with general office duties
Qualifications: Proven administrative support skills including the ability to multi-task and support varying personnel and demands. An associates or college degree preferred with a preference given to candidates possessing non-profit experience. Minimum of one-year experience in area of development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage all Development related communications to include but not limited to website, social media accounts and etc.
2. Prepare all press releases, print copy materials and manage public relation efforts.
3. Produce thank you and pledge reminder letters; and assist with entering donor relation information as directed.
4. Assist with prospect research for individual and corporate prospects donor profiles.
5. Manage incoming and outgoing mail through collecting and distributing; maintaining postage machine balance; posting and mailing all letters and packages on a daily basis.
6. Conduct all bulk mailing projects including mailing list development, mail merge, printing; and assembly through delivery.
7. Oversight of office supplies including inventory management, ordering and receiving as outlined through established protocol.
8. Assist with Board meeting preparations – send meeting reminders; room set up, take board minutes, support Founders and Executive Director through preparation of board and committee materials as necessary.
9. Reserve conference rooms for various board and committee meetings and functions.
10. Prepare Development Team meeting agendas and distribute with support materials; take and distribute meeting minutes.
11. Assist team members with various special projects including logistics and informational packet development.
12. Assist with Odyssey, Golf Tournament and Development committees - manage the sponsor and attendee data for the event, assist with logistics, assist with thank you process.
13. Manage Google Calendars.
14. Respond to inquiries by providing information and/or referral to appropriate staff or consultants.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
o Proven understanding of social media, marketing and public relations
o Proficient in Windows including Power Point, Excel and Word
o Ability to lift 25 pounds and be outdoors at times for events
o Excellent oral and written communication skills
o Motivated self-starter
o Strong organizational skills
o Ability to work independently and as a team player
o Exceptional assessment and follow through skills
o Ability to manage various levels of task priority as driven by multiple team member projects
o Basic knowledge of various office equipment and computers
o Reliable transportation
Salary Range: $25,000-$35,000
Interested applicants may send a cover letter and resume to Shadrina Booker at firstname.lastname@example.org