Job Title: Baby U Van Driver
Objective: The Van Driver is responsible for providing safe, courteous, and on schedule transportation and delivery of items to our clients, as well as transportation for families to attend medical and other appointments. Clients are to be treated with respect, courtesy and graciousness at all times. The Driver is expected to foster the best possible relations with volunteers, current and potential clients, agency donors and community partners.
Supervisor: Director & Deputy Director of Baby University Program
· High School Diploma or GED
· Must have and maintain an active TN driver’s license, with ability and willingness to obtain be trained to receive an F endorsement.
· Must have and maintain a clean MVR.
· Must pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
· Prior related experience preferred.
· Should possess the ability to work effectively and patiently with individuals of all ages and abilities.
· Bi-lingual Spanish/English is preferred.
· First Aid and CPR certified or willing to become certified
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Physical examination including TB skin test or chest X-ray is required within 30 days of employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend over; lift, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
1. Follow Van schedules and communicate with supervisors regarding all aspects of clients’ transportation & delivery needs
2. Assist clients in a prompt, helpful, courteous and compassionate manner
3. Communicate with supervisors about changes, concerns and pertinent information about clients
4. Complete a daily inspection of the van, a weekly inspection of tires, oil, blades, etc. and report all van maintenance issues to the supervisors and the facilities manager
5. Ensure there is an adequate amount fuel to complete each trip. Maintain & turn in fuel receipts as required.
6. Keep the vans litter free and cleaned up after each van run. Follow universal precautions for cleaning any/all bodily fluids
7. Always ensure the safety of the clients and children, taking special precautions to double check car seat safety and ensure compliance with car seat/booster seat regulations
8. Ensure that vehicle mileage, maintenance, and liability logs are current
9. Attend and participate in staff meetings and community events as related to the provision of services to clients
10. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Signal Centers staff members and community partners
11. Complete all reports required by the supervisors timely and accurately
12. Observe all of TN’s rules and regulations for driving including making sure all speed limits are observed
13. Must attend and participate in all agency required training
14. Must attend community social service transportation meetings
15. May provide transportation for other Signal Centers departments
16. All other duties as assigned, including assisting with donation sorting, recycling, and other office needs
Those interested should email a resume to email@example.com