Maclellan Shelter for Families: Part Time/Weekend Shelter Supervisor
The Chattanooga Community Kitchen, an Equal Opportunity Employer is seeking part time shelter supervisors for weekend (Midnight to Noon and Noon to Midnight shift).
Core responsibilities include: intake, triage and placement of families, enforcement of shelter expectations, and overall program supervision while on duty.
Starting pay is $10/hour. 24 hours per week anticipated. Opportunities for advancement.
Shelter Supervisor Position Description: under the supervision of the Program Manager of the Maclellan Shelter for Families, are responsible for the daily operation and supervision of the 13 family shelter for men, women and children.
Designed to be a short term emergency shelter, the Maclellan Shelter for Families serves as the first stop for families (with children) finding themselves in a sudden situation of homelessness. The shelter is not a destination, but instead serves as a starting point toward permanent housing and self-sufficiency.
Shelter Supervisors are an essential part of the shelter team, ensuring the safe and effective daily/nightly operation of the shelter while assisting families with immediate needs.
Additionally, Supervisors provide clerical, admission, and data entry support as assigned.
Specific duties include:
• supervision of shelter operations to ensure the following of all safety and operational protocols as established by the Shelter Director
• intake, assessment and triage of families arriving at the shelter in need of service
• ensuring uninterrupted shelter operation and oversight during assigned shift and until relieved by the following Supervisor
• the identification of maintenance needs and completion of maintenance requests
• the maintenance of accurate intake packets and service transaction records
• assistance with shelter cleaning procedures and with laundry as needed (to include linens, towels, basic clean-up and other light housekeeping responsibilities)
• providing referrals to other programs (internal and external) to meet client needs
• management of volunteers assigned during shift
• performing other duties as assigned
Interested parties should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Position remains open until filled. No phone calls, please.