Tennessee Wesleyan University located in Athens, TN has an immediate opening for a Director of Development. This position is based at the Athens, TN Campus.
The Director of Development is responsible for the implementation of programs and projects that strategically engage alumni, friends, foundations and community partners to strengthen a culture of philanthropy at Tennessee Wesleyan University. The director works collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, advancement staff, and other university representatives to cultivate and solicit donors for university-wide priorities.
• Work with the Vice President for Advancement to implement Tennessee Wesleyan’s Advancement Plan, including carrying out annual giving, foundation and corporate grants, and major gifts programs as well as planning and executing special events.
• Work in collaboration with faculty and staff to compose and produce grant applications, proposal letters, reports and other written materials.
• Organize and manage all aspects and segments of annual giving best practices including direct mail appeals, online giving, employee campaign, and personal visits for annual fund leadership gifts.
• Work in collaboration with advancement colleagues to manage annual stewardship correspondence with constituents and oversee acknowledgement of annual fund gifts as part of the advancement gift receipting and acknowledgement policy.
• Assist with the planning, implementation and promotion of Homecoming and other alumni and donor engagement events throughout the year.
• Supervise work/study employees and provide guidance to alumni volunteers.
• Assist in the development, writing and editing of publications such as the Bulldog Blast, Arches Magazine, event-related publications and the website.
• Analyze annual fund results and strategize and recommend the fund’s next steps through report data on a regular basis throughout the year.
• Maintain accurate and timely records of donor activity in the database.
• Evaluate donor database to gather information for prospecting and follow through on the implementation of donor strategies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Baccalaureate Degree with two-three years fundraising experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues, alumni and the public
• Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail
• High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Ability to learn basics of Jenzabar database program
• Microsoft Office
• Proficiency with e-mail and social media
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Kyle Fulbright, Director of Human Resources
Tennessee Wesleyan University
204 E. College St.
Athens, TN 37303