HELPS TECHNICIAN/SUPERVISOR (Full-Time with Benefits)
Goodwill’s Health Equipment Link Program services (HELPs) advances the safety, health and wellness, independence and quality of life of our most vulnerable citizens by collecting, repairing, sanitizing and providing needed durable medical equipment (DME) at no cost to individuals in need.
In 2017, HELPs supplied over 5,500 pieces of medical equipment and supplies to over 3,500 individuals, saving them, insurance and medical providers, and taxpayers over $1 million. Over 29,000 people have received medical equipment from this award-winning program since it began in May 2000.
• Defines and relates to clients’ needs.
• Accepts HELP’s applications in a timely manner and forwards completed applications to the supervisor daily.
• Maintains positive interaction with HELPS/Voucher clients and all referral agencies.
• Assists with the completion of orders and notifying clients of pick-up procedures.
• Assists in the recruitment and training of volunteers.
• Supervises clients, volunteers and employees in the HELPs area
• Maintains a safe environment for volunteers, co-workers, donors and clients.
• Effectively manages donated medical equipment inventory for maximum customer service.
• Coordinate the efforts of volunteers, co-workers, and clients to repair and sanitize medical equipment to meet program goals.
• Regular attendance is an essential function.
May include other duties as assigned by senior management.
KEY KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
• Experience working in the medical field
• Knowledge of medical equipment
• Helpful to have knowledge of repairing of electric motors used for wheel chairs
• Must be detail oriented
• The ability to work independently
• Effective use of time to enable prompt client service
• Demonstrate and apply basic precautions for disease transmission
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with colleagues and supervisors as part of a team
• Appropriate interaction with staff, management, clients and volunteers
• Accomplishment of job functions in an effective and timely manner
• Proficiency in oral and written communication
• Effectiveness in establishing priorities and working on multiple assignments and concurrent projects
• Exercise good judgment in the absence of specific guidelines
• Demonstrated ability to meet demanding and changing deadlines despite interruptions
• Adherence to and enforcement of company policies and procedures
Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Interested applicants will send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.