The Volunteer and Community manager supports all of the agency programs by recruiting and training volunteers and Community Assistance Teams to increase their involvement in the local refugee resettlement and their impact on the economic opportunities, education, and quality of life of beneficiary refugees. This is a full-time position. Some week nights and weekends required.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
• Recruit, orient, train, and place volunteers for service at the resettlement agency in collaboration with program staff.
• Provide ongoing support and training to the volunteers being supervised.
• Create opportunities for volunteer feedback on their service experience and volunteer appreciation.
• Maintain active dialogue with program staff to assess the success of the program and volunteer efforts.
• Track and document volunteer hours, mileage, and in-kind donations.
• Manage up-to-date volunteer files and databases.
• Develop partnerships with faith-based organizations and civic groups to recruit volunteers and maintain records of these activities.
• Maintain familiarity with refugee resettlement agency activities and how volunteer resources can support them.
• Participate in ongoing training opportunities offered locally and nationally suggested by or/and approved by the Associate Director.
• Manage social media and monthly e-newsletter for agency
• Organize volunteer appreciation events and community outreach events approved by the AD.
• Provide support as requested to the AD for development and operational goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Familiarity with refugee issues and US resettlement preferred
• Ability to operate effectively with diverse populations
• Effective interpersonal communication skills
• Experience managing others and delegating tasks
• Experience in a volunteer setting
• Experience with networking and community outreach
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Organizational skills and attention to detail
• Social media and computer savvy
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and experience with database reporting
Interested applicants can send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.