The Chattanooga Area Food Bank (CAFB) is seeking a full time, team-oriented warehouse associate to join a dynamic staff dedicated to fulfilling its mission to lead a network of partners in eliminating hunger and promoting better nutrition. A member of the operations team, this position’s primary responsibility is to pick and process agency orders in an accurate and timely fashion. This position reports directly to the Warehouse Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accurately Pick Orders using a scan gun process
• Load and unload trucks accurately and in a timely manner as needed
• Replenish Inventory Pick locations as needed
• Check in inventory accurately, label it, and place it in Racks.
• When time permits support all other departments as needed and assigned by the warehouse manager.
• Charge equipment as needed
• Cross-trained in other areas.
• Other duties assigned by Warehouse Manager and/or Operations Director.
• Attend staff meetings and outside work-related events
• Responsible for completing MSS tasks for the main warehouse this is a top priority.
• Excellent professional and interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of basic computer skills including email.
• Proficient in using pallet jacks, forklifts and all size trucks.
• Ability to occasionally lift and carry objects weighing up to 70 lbs.
• Ability to frequently lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time during an eight-hour shift.
• Ability to push and pull shopping carts weighing up to 300 lbs.
• Basic knowledge of warehouse operations, practices, procedures, and standards.
• Basic knowledge of Chattanooga Area Food Bank and Feeding America guidelines.
• Basic knowledge of sanitary food safety, storage, and handling guidelines.
• Dependable and reliable attendance record.
• Adhere to all safety and work policies and procedures.
• Willingness to cross-train and learn other positions within the organization.
• Promote a team environment by helping staff and volunteers as needed.
This is a full time exempt position with competitive salary and benefits, including: vacation, sick leave, health insurance & 401k.
The Chattanooga Area Food Bank leads a network of partners in eliminating hunger and promoting better nutrition in our region. We acquire and distribute healthy food across a 20 county service region; we engage the public in the fight to end hunger; we empower people to take responsibility for their health and their lives.
Visit our website www.chattfoodbank.org to learn more about our organization.