Position Description (300+ PAID Hours) - Winter / Spring 2019
Departments: Programs / Special Events Reports To: President
Position Concept: * Assist Program Manager with “JA in a Day” whole-school education events
* Assist Program Manager with JA Job Shadow events (when available)
* Assist Special Events Director with “Bids 4 Kids” Auction & “Free Enterprise Cup” Scholarship Classic
* Teach a Junior Achievement program in a local elementary school
* Attend Board of Directors Meeting (February)
* Attend Committee Meetings (when available)
Programs Job Description
• Assist with 8+“JA in a Day” events @ local schools (Set-Up, Photography & Pack-Up) – Requires early mornings before 8:00 a.m.
• Assist with JA Job Shadow events @ local businesses (Photography, Thank You Letters, Pack-Up)
• Assist with recruiting / retaining volunteers, orienting new volunteers, and placement (scheduling and location) of all program volunteers
• Assist & attend “Lunch & Learn” education events at local businesses
• Assist with re-assembling kit materials into folders for each of the lessons
• Telephone / email follow-up to classroom volunteers
• Teach the Junior Achievement program in a local elementary school
• Attend Education Committee Meetings (when available)
Special Events Job Description
• Assist with photographing online auction item(s)/packages
• Assist with soliciting and picking up items
• Fundraising / Telemarketing for Tee Sponsorships for “Free Enterprise Cup” Scholarship Classic 2019
• Attend Golf & Bowling Committee Meetings (when available)
• Must be a student working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Non-profit Management, Business, Education, Human Resources Management or Child & Family Studies.
• Must have basic computer literacy (typing skills, operational understanding of Windows and Office)
• Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week
• Must be able to work extended hours for special events & “JA in a Day”
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Email Resume & Cover Letter
Hiring Committee, Junior Achievement of Chattanooga, Inc., 5721 Marlin Road, Suite 3400, Chattanooga, TN 37411 Website: NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
The position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the intern occupying this position. Interns will be required to follow any other job related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract.