YMCA OF METROPOLITAN CHATTANOOGA
INTERNAL JOB POSTING
JOB TITLE – Program Director
Under the direction of the branch Executive Director, the Program Director will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the program operations for the North Georgia Y. Program emphasis will be on sports, childcare, aquatics, and teens.
Branch: North Georgia
Status: Full-time; exempt
Reports To: Executive Director
1. Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives in the areas of sports, aquatics, teens, and childcare (day camp and afterschool).
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
3. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
4. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information; organizes and schedules program registrations. May review and process program scholarship applications.
5. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
6. Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
7. Secures funds and resources to sustain programs.
8. Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
9. Organizes and conducts parent orientation meetings and coach trainings.
10. Ensures compliance to program standards, as well as all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
11. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
12. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
13. Assists with Program Management Team meetings.
14. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation
15. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience
• At least 1-2 years of related experience
• Prior supervisory experience preferred
• Must display high degree of professionalism and customer service
Physical requirements of the position include walking, stooping, standing, sitting, climbing, kneeling, lifting (could be up to 50 lbs.) to perform essential functions and supervise program activities in a variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
To apply for this position, send resume to:
Telky Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cut-off date for applying for this position is:
Wednesday, January 16, 2019