Director of Human Resources
Since 1954 Bethel Bible Village has provided safe, nurturing and Christ-centered homes on our Hixson campus. Bethel offers healing and hope to children and teens who have faced a life-changing crisis, or whose families have been impacted by crisis. We are currently seeking a part-time Director of Human Resources to work approximately 18 – 24 hours per week.
• Protects the credibility of the Bethel Bible Village mission by complying with the Bethel Bible Village Standard of Conduct and Employee Covenant, setting an example, in words and actions that is consistent with the values and beliefs of Bethel Bible Village; exemplifies a vibrant Christian faith personally and professionally.
• Policy Administration: administers human resources plans and procedures for Ministry personnel.
• Recruiting/Staffing: conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt employees.
• Employee Relations: works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention; handles employee relations counseling.
• Payroll: maintains payroll information and processes payroll.
• Performance Management: monitors the performance evaluation process as necessary.
• Benefits Administration: performs benefit administration to include resolution of benefit issues; change reporting including enrolling and terming benefits; communicating benefit information to employees.
• Employment Law Compliance: maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
• Background Checks: performs background checks for employment candidates, volunteer resource parents, and Next Step candidates.
• Training: conducts employee benefits and policies training as requested.
• Records Management: maintains human resources files and records.
• Consulting: recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
Spiritual: Be an active participating Christian in a local congregation.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required; 5+ years’ experience in human resources required. Payroll experience a plus. Non-profit experience a plus.
Specific Skills/Requirements: Possesses knowledge and experience in human resources and personnel administration. Effective verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and previous computer experience required. Must have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and manage multiple projects.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Considerable knowledge and understanding of the Human Resources function. Human Resources certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP) preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Other Requirements: Applicant must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S., and successfully pass a background check, drug screen, and physical.
Please visit www.bethelbiblevillage.org to learn more about our ministry. If interested in this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to:
Bethel Bible Village
Attn: Human Resources
3001 Hamill Road
Hixson, TN 37343