General Statement of Duties:
The Administrative Assistant performs various duties associated with the Family Service program of Habitat. Work is performed primarily in an office during daytime hours however, will also include events outside of the office during evening and weekend hours. Data entry, reports, and general office duties are required. Strong computer and communication skills are essential. Bi Lingual skills preferred but not required. The individual in this role assists and is accountable to the Director of Family & Mortgage Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Position requires managing multiple tasks in a time critical manner.
• Assist with Community Outreach and Recruitment
• Proficient in MS office software, to generate memos, emails, and reports.
• Processing application packet for Underwriting/ Filing Confidential Information
• Detailed oriented, superior organizational skills and dedication to completing tasks
• Performs special projects and all other duties as assigned by Director
• Must be courteous, patient, and tactful when dealing with the Family Support, Family Selection, Applicants, Homeowners, and Habitat staff.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Must be supportive and passionate about the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
• Well-developed administrative skills, including time management, interpersonal communications, attention to detail, and organization skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems, Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook and Power Point required.
• Serve on various Committees, scheduling and organizing training sessions, speakers, Special Events, House Ground-Breakings, and Home Dedications.
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people, including age, race, gender and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Exhibits positive personality, attitude and professionalism.
• 4- year Degree Preferred, Associate’s Degree, and a minimum of 2 years working in a Social Services Environment. Previous Clerical/Administrative experience highly preferred.
Resumes accepted through Friday, September 14th, via email to email@example.com
Or by mail to:
Director of Family & Mortgage Services
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Chattanooga Area, Inc
1201 East Main Street
Chattanooga, TN 37408
This position is located in Chattanooga, TN
No Phone Calls Please
Habitat is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Provides Equal Housing Opportunity