Human Resources Coordinator
General Function: This is a generalist role that supports the agency and the Chief Human Resources Officer in any of the functional areas of the human resources department, which may include recruitment, hiring, personnel records, employee relations, benefits administration, compliance and learning & development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organization Development, I/O Psychology, Human Resources or a related field.
- At least one year of direct Human Resources experience.
- Associate Degree in Business/Human Resources with more than 5 years of direct Human Resources experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and handle fast-paced, fast-moving work.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and outlook calendars.
- Must have prior HRIS system data entry experience.
- Prior experience with non-profit and/or government human resources is strongly preferred.
- Assists with reviewing job applications/resumes and scheduling interviews and prepares all necessary materials for interviewing. For some positions this includes scheduling and following up on video interviews.
- Responsible to create/update all agency job descriptions and submits to Chief Human Resources Officer for final approval.
- Responsible for management of all personnel records by:
- Maintaining Health Records, Training Records, & Licenses in files and notifying program managers and employees when they need to be updated.
- Ensuring all personnel records are filed in a timely manner
- Periodically audits files in preparation for external audits
- Preparing new employee personnel files and making sure they are completed within 30 days of hire.
- Entering applications into the HRIS system.
- Training and supervising Intern and/or Administrative Assistant in the management of personnel files.
- Oversees the background check process including criminal background checks, references, registry checks, etc in accordance with grant rules. May train and supervise Intern/Administrative Assistant in this task.
- Responsible for following up on job offers with official offer/welcome letter.
- Responsible to create and enter payroll change notices and works closely and collaboratively with the Payroll Coordinator.
- Enters & updates employment evaluations in the HRIS system and notifies program managers when evaluations are due.
- Responsible for conducting new hire paperwork and orientations.
- Responsible to conduct Exit Interviews and prepare Separation notices and Cobra/HIPAA paperwork.
- Responsible for Worker’s Comp reporting and Safety Committee Meeting preparation, records maintenance and OSHA logs.
- Responsible for managing FMLA requests and paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
Signal Centers is an EEO employer and seeks to affirm the dignity and worth of every person. It is, therefore, the policy of the organization to practice and ensure the fair and equitable treatment of all applicants and employees with respect to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender, or ability and promote the full realization of this policy through all employment practices.